Old finishers that need to be brought back

Statto

• Paid Members

Pretty sure this is my first time creating a topic in my 15+ years posting here, so let's see how that goes...

This week on Raw, The Revival got themselves some new (temporary, probably) solo finishers to win their singles matches against the B-Team. Dash Wilder did a Gory Bomb (last used by Chavo, IIRC) and Scott Dawson now has the cradle DDT which most recently was known as the Rampaige (for Paige, obviously).

That got me to thinking - what finishers of the past (distant or more recent) could also do with a Revival (pun slightly intended), and who do you think they suit?

I've thought someone else should adopt the Tazzmission ever since the orange midget moved into the booth - I remember suggesting it on here as a potential option for a rookie John Cena way back. Now, I think it might be a decent fit as a submission/choke unconscious finisher for Luke Harper, as you could have a good visual of those crazed eyes as his opponent fades.

I'm also surprised we've gone all the time since Victoria without someone busting out the Widow's Peak on the regular. Could be a good fit for Billie Kay, being on the taller side of the ladies.

We've already seen some old stuff pulled out of mothballs successfully - Strowman has obviously made Davey's old Running Powerslam his own and a real threat of a finisher, for example. Hideo Itami took the GTS back for a bit, of course - then got stopped from doing it for smashing in Brian Kendrick's face.

So yeah, any thoughts? Any suggestions for who can pull off the Red Arrow now?!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

OH YES.

I think maybe the Usos did it once, but it looked nowhere near as good as that.*

Kidd & Cesaro did something of a version once or twice, too - using that superplex lifted off the apron Cesaro used to do, and Kidd's springboard elbow.

* That said, pretty sure the above example is by far the best Power & Glory ever pulled off, too.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Gangrel's Impaler! Simple but always managed to look brutal. Gangrel was just awesome in general though.

Yeah that needs "bringing back," nobody's used that for a finish since.....

NXT-06-2.gif

...... oh. Now.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Yeah that needs "bringing back," nobody's used that for a finish since.....

NXT-06-2.gif

...... oh. Now.

My bad, I'm only a very casual viewer these days and haven't watched NXT in years. Still nice to see that someone's recognised the greatness of the Impaler!

• Paid Members

Rikishi Driver.

I love the Michinoku Driver, and know that Harper and Zayn have used it a bit. But there’s something that looks mint about the stall, then spike, version of the driver that Rikishi delivered.

Would be a great finisher for one of today’s big lads.

DA0F6D7F-88B3-4CA2-8012-4A9769D2A35B.gif

Archived