Old finishers that need to be brought back

Statto

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

The Razors Edge for me, just loved the move, Scott Hall perfected it. I think Sheamus done a version (Celtic Cross) and Morecardi.

1d9012351140c8a1d4b5a48a90bb7d16.jpg

giphy.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

No-ones doing a Shoulder Breaker as a finisher, are they? I always loved the move but I can't recall ever seeing it used much post Scott Norton.

His was the best. Problem was he should never have been doing it for a finish over his powerbomb.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Always a fan of the unprettier. 

Quick Google for a gif shows Tyler Breeze doing it, so... Carry on. 

Yeah, he did, but you could count the number of times he did it on TV on one hand, I’d wager. It was a good fit for him, not just because of the (most commonly associated) name.

IIRC, the first time he did it was in that period after WWE had said Christian was retired, but before Christian had accepted that fact.

8 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Has anyone done the Rocker dropper since Billy Gunn was using it as the Fameasser? I feel like Ziggler might have been using it as a finish. If not, that's my choice.

No one has done the wrist lock version that Marty used afaik, Noodle Head used it as a mid match move but not as a finish

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Statto said:

* That said, pretty sure the above example is by far the best Power & Glory ever pulled off, too.

Oooo, I just can't leave this hanging. It may have been the best but there were plenty of times they still nailed it for Roma taking flight when the luckless ham n egger is still on the way down.

Fun random fact : P&G had a squash on Prime Time as babyfaces before Mania VI where they're just "Hercules & Paul Roma" where they go over with the Rocket Launcher, and a couple of early squashes after heel formation were filmed with the finish being a Roma crossbody while Herc had the jobber in a vertical suplex.

Nostalgia perhaps, and it helped that the Rockers were made such sacrificial lambs that donner meat could have been sold from them in the arenas, but I was convinced "Herc & Jerk" might have had legs as a serious heel threat. I read once they were in line to transition the tag belts from the Harts to LOD, until the office learned they could acquire the Nasty Boys, how much truth there was to that, who knows.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I read once they were in line to transition the tag belts from the Harts to LOD, until the office learned they could acquire the Nasty Boys, how much truth there was to that, who knows.

Probably did. Look at how strong they were kept at both SummerSlam and the Survivor Series. I cant think who else would have transitioned the belts if the Nasty Boys hadnt signed (because as soon as the LOD arrived in the Summer, plans were in motion to get the belts on them ASAP.) They were the hottest heel team for sure in 1990. Demolition were like X-Pac and Road Dogg by that point.

I'm thinking the Rockers win them in the October (as was the plan until Neidhart ribbed the ropes off), and then Roma and Herc win them at Mania. You'll get a good Rockers run out of it as well.

Archived