Chippy Tea

Onyx2

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

@alanchiz you've done the right thing in warning the forum about this establishment. I don't even think we can class it as a chippy at this point.

Ta, I wouldn't really count it as a chippy anyway, more of a restaurant, but as it was mentioned above I had to 'chip' in.

• Paid Members

Annual trip to the Isle of Wight and a day in Ryde ended with a visit to Wights. Tremendous as always, super tender and flaky cod, crispy battered sausage, mushy peas and curry sauce. Marvellous. Off to sleep for a bit now. 

20240820_165347.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Went to my mums for a chippy lunch last Saturday, birthday weekend. Two bags mixed chips, mixed chicken kebab for ma +1, haddock and curry sauce for us plus onion rings for me and a spring roll because the wife never had one. £26 something.

The only other thing of note to happen in my life since, has been waiting for the forum to come back up so I could tell you about this meal.

IMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_5949.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

IMG_5951.jpeg

https://imgur.com/a/VeMDf39

Absolutely banging! Fish as fresh as you like, perfectly cooked batter, new season spuds all cooked in beef dripping.

2 large cod and 2 chips with a tub of curry sauce, a kids chicken nuggets meal and 2 bottles of drink and it was around £28 in total.