Made-Up Childhood Games

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone heard of this game called hide & seek by any chance?

We didn’t have quiet roads where I lived and so never heard of it until I moved at 10. Sorry for not knowing of it before then like

• Paid Members

The game round our way was called “Twat Dennis”.  Never played it myself, as the afore mentioned Dennis lived 2 doors down, and he was by all counts a nice lad, to me anyway.  Dennis was a big lad, not hugely fat, but solid, and about 3 years older than me.  The game involved running up to Dennis, twatting him, then running off and surviving 24 hours without him tracking you down and knocking the shit out of you, which he was very good at.  For some reason, after 24 hours, he forgot who had annoyed him and stopped hunting.  This carried on after he left school, as he got a job at his dads factory near school and they started about the same time as we did.  Glad to say he did very well for himself as a security guard (built like Steve from Jezza), went on to form his own company and living the good life.

4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone heard of this game called hide & seek by any chance?

I must've been the only kid who never played if you think it's as universal as hide & seek! 

Also a lot more of you must've grown up in America than I thought, otherwise you'd be spelling it Kerby or Kerbsy. You know, the proper way.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Red Letter wasn't something I'd heard of outside my group of mates but I'm sure it's been mentioned by others on here before. Basically there's 2 teams. Each member of Team A are given a letter which all together spells a word. Team A go and find hiding spots.

Team B are the finders, and when they stumble across someone from Team A, they would essentially give them a bit of a kicking until the Team A member gave up their letter. Repeat until all letters are known and the word is guessed, or until someone has to go to the hospital. 

We were fucking idiots as kids. 

tumblr_n9uhv6MoMW1s6eh2fo2_250.gif

• Paid Members

Den Wars was good fun. Our school backed onto these dense woods which were perfect for making dens. Every dinnertime Year 7s and Year 8s would try to destroy the others den. Would often get surprisingly tactical, with one group being sent for a direct attack, another group for a stealth attack and a few more back at the den to reinforce. All went to shit when one of the teachers decided to follow us and caught Danny Whitehouse chasing a lad with a hammer.

I realise Den Wars isn't really a made-up game so doesn't fit the thread. But posting gives me an excuse to drop this in here;

• Paid Members

Nutmeg - You stand around in a big group. An empty bottle is on the ground, the objective it to kick it through someone's legs. It's a free for all. Once someone is nutmegged, all participants kick the shit out of the player and bundle them. It was cold war tense. 

Archived