BT Sport loses UFC rights

Art Vandelay

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You'd expect BT would want the previous deal they had in place, and possibly at a better rate due to them leaving and coming back. Not heard anything concrete yet from my inside BT Source

Yeah, the UFC brass saw an opportunity for a short-term cash grab and made a bad move. now BT will know that they run the risk of going into 2019 with potentially no TV provider in the UK and will likely approach negotiations accordingly.

I imagine we'll see UFC back on BT before long, hopefully with uninterrupted service for those who rely on it.

I don't know the BT Box Office numbers for Canelo Vs Triple G 2 or Fury Vs Wilder but I had many people asking me how much Khabib Vs Conor was, I told them free if you have BT Sports and they didn't believe me, who knows if they would have bought it but it certainly had a big time buzz, probably more that the Canelo fight and these were mostly casual Boxing or Combat sports fans.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Good. Sky treated the UFC programming with contempt the last time they had any. I think it was the GSP Koscheck TUF. BT do a pretty good job with UFC.

What sort of platform do DAZN have in the UK? Wouldn't they have needed to partner up with a broadcaster?

• Paid Members

DAZN’s streaming only at the moment but the app’s not on all streaming services here. I know it’s not on Roku. I had it on my old PS4. Yeah, I’m happy with it staying on BT. Never had a problem with their coverage, to be honest. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Extremely happy it's staying on BT. Their coverage is brilliant.

Yeah other than the butchering of post fight interviews on the PPV's, BT doesn't really put a foot wrong with the UFC. Even then, that one complaint that I have there would likely be much worse on other channels, as we got to see with Bellator and Peppa Pig that time.