BT Sport loses UFC rights

Art Vandelay

3 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Anyone else get duped into a shiny new BT contract a few weeks before this all came out? Gutting.

I managed to cancel mine while in contract because of the price hikes, they offered me a decent deal for 18 months, but I'd heard rumblings that the UFC contract was up so decided to get out of my contract. 

I much prefer being able to access UFC live in HD on the big telly without fannying about casting my phone or connecting my PC. If they can at least do a ps4 app I will sign up because it seems like really good value for money. 

Can't make my mind whether to go with the annual option now and hope an app becomes available in case they stick the price up as they get more content. 

• Paid Members

I imagine their heads were turned at the possibilities of a McGregor UK PPV when word got back to them on how well the May/Mac did over here.

Eleven have my money. I'll probably dump BT Sport and get Eleven (or constantly forget to cancel and have both). Unless United are playing, I rarely bother with football, these days, where as I only seem to miss a handful of UFC events a year. With Eleven you're getting La Liga and Serie A too, so it's decent value. I just hope their service is good, smooth and crisp.

The UK PPV thing is obviously disheartening, but I don't mind throwing some extra money at the cards that deserve it. I'm sure we're all resourceful chaps, so getting a hold of an event the next day is still probably a piece of piss.

Any news on whether Virgin are carrying ElevenSports and packaging in with BT as one of their bundles?. I'm not really into streaming video so an alternative option to watch on normal TV so to speak would be more appealing. Not surprised the PPVs will be actual pay per view even if it's just Conor's fights. Would be better if the UFC on BT coverage ends when Eleven begins because after December 3 there's quite a few shows and a PPV coming up. I'd imagine BT are losing Cage Warriors too since it's part of UFC Fight Pass.

• Paid Members

It probably won't happen but I'd love to see Bellator end up on BT. That would actually persuade me to keep my subscription. As it is, once they lose UFC all I'd be keeping BT for is the Frank Warren boxing shows. It's not really enough to justify the monthly cost to me. If Bellator was thrown in, maybe even GLORY, I'd find it hard to cancel my subs. 

4 hours ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Any news on whether Virgin are carrying ElevenSports and packaging in with BT as one of their bundles?. I'm not really into streaming video so an alternative option to watch on normal TV so to speak would be more appealing. Not surprised the PPVs will be actual pay per view even if it's just Conor's fights. Would be better if the UFC on BT coverage ends when Eleven begins because after December 3 there's quite a few shows and a PPV coming up. I'd imagine BT are losing Cage Warriors too since it's part of UFC Fight Pass.

Neither Virgin or Sky are carrying it.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:35 PM, SBD said:

How long is the wait for events and content to go up on Fight Pass? 

Just wondering what the Eleven App Vs Fight Pass App pros and cons would be

Thanks

I'm not entirely sure, but it's longer than a few days or so. May actually be weeks.

EDIT: That's PPV's I'm referencing there, by the way.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

I had an idea the PPV's over here went up fairly soon, but I was under the impression that all fight pass events and TV prelims were blocked out over here due to being shown at the same time on BT? It'll be interesting to see how things all change with the move to Eleven/ESPN in the UK and US.