Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

9 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Y’all are wrong ‘uns. Obviously butter is great on a sandwich, but mayo has it’s place. Recently tried grilled cheese with mayo on it (inside and out, in place of butter), and it was stunning.

I've put mayo in my cheese on toast mix before, I can take it or leave it (and I'm generally a big mayo fan), on the outside is just gross though. How is that even practical?

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Y’all are wrong ‘uns. Obviously butter is great on a sandwich, but mayo has it’s place. Recently tried grilled cheese with mayo on it (inside and out, in place of butter), and it was stunning.

Yeah, in the fridge, miles away from a decent grilled cheese sandwich. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I wouldn't bother with butter and cheese. I only need one dairy product on there. Butter and mayo is fine because mayo isn't dairy.

There's no way you don't know what mayo's made of. Is this some sort of ironic or jokey statement?

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Mayonnaise isn't dairy. 

I was under the impression that eggs are considered dairy.

I know that they're not from cows, but for some reason, they always seemed to be included. Plus people with dairy allergies often include eggs in that.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Yes, I'm well aware of that. But given the above (which I appreciate you wouldn't have seen as I edited it as you were replying), and the fact that eggs and milk are grouped in the dairy sections, and that vegans don't eat eggs, counting them as dairy, I think I could be forgiven for thinking they were in the same group.

Just Googled - turns out it's a misconception: https://www.thespruceeats.com/are-eggs-considered-dairy-1000941

EDIT: @SuperBacon I know you're made from superpigs.

Edited by Carbomb