Twenty Years Ago: King of the Ring 1998

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I stopped watching wrestling for a while and the Royal Rumble on channel 4 (2000) with the Cactus Jack street fight re-ignited my interest. I remember someone recommending this too me and I rented it from a local video shop. I could not believe what I was watching. I don't think it will ever be topped (Though Shane gave it some good goes), and in a way I hope it never does because other then someone dying, how do you top that? 

From Meltzer:

The top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network for the past week were: 1. Ride Along with Rusev, English and Lana; 2. 2018 Money in the Bank; 3. NXT on 6/27; 4. UK from London second show; 5. UK from London first show; 6. Something Else to Wrestle with from 6/27 on Big Evil Undertaker; 7. The Hardys: Woken; 8. NXT Takeover Chicago; 9. 205 Live from 6/26; 10. WrestleMania 2018. I’m not sure why, if there was a podcast about it or a story, but the 1998 King of the Ring PPV cracked the top 20 and it’s rare for something in that era ever to do that.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

From Meltzer:

The top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network for the past week were: 1. Ride Along with Rusev, English and Lana; 2. 2018 Money in the Bank; 3. NXT on 6/27; 4. UK from London second show; 5. UK from London first show; 6. Something Else to Wrestle with from 6/27 on Big Evil Undertaker; 7. The Hardys: Woken; 8. NXT Takeover Chicago; 9. 205 Live from 6/26; 10. WrestleMania 2018. I’m not sure why, if there was a podcast about it or a story, but the 1998 King of the Ring PPV cracked the top 20 and it’s rare for something in that era ever to do that.

Meltzer no selling STWW is great. He's bound to have listened to it already too. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

In past years the Wrestlemania has been in the Top 10 or 20 every week until the next year's Wrestlemania.

I had no idea there was a public chart available. Where does it live? 

I suppose if you're a young fan who's just been given WWE Network and the chance to watch any PPV of your choosing, your first instinct will be to head straight for the latest WrestleMania.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members
22 hours ago, Durand-Gratian said:

C'est hyper dangereux donc n'essayez pas de faire ça chez vous c'est que sinon vous mourrez car ce sont des supers entraînées 

Merci pour cela, Davide Meltzér.