Should Bruce Hart have been given a WWF run?

JudyBagwell

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is the leather jacket and sunglasses some kind of Dungeon graduation tradition? Like a cap & gown when you've done Uni?

Bruce and Pillman were (I think) the first to rock that look when they tagged together, I'm assuming Owen's just playing it up with them. Would be interested to know if the Hart Foundation's look was directly influenced by it - Bruce is a real trendsetter, after all.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I love the photo on the back of his book with Vince with the Hall of Fame logo on a giant screen behind them making look he achieved something in his career through some great lack of context

Brilliant. He should have his own network show following him around while he acts like a cross between Dennis Stamp, Dice Clay and Barry Zuckerkorn. Trying get back in the game, blagging his way on main eventing shows but instead settling for discounted tickets, turning up at the training facility talking over trainers and teaching incorrect moves.. it would be magic. Doing a Virgil and turning up to signing events wearing Brets shades and Jacket with Owens High Energy pants.

• Paid Members

One thing I always wanted to ask: was Bruce actually any good as a wrestler? I don't mean in terms of technics (being a Hart, that's probably a given), but in terms of being able to have engaging, fun matches that hook people? I never saw him in anything other than the big Canadian Stampede match (and I watched that so long ago I don't remember much of it).

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

One thing I always wanted to ask: was Bruce actually any good as a wrestler? I don't mean in terms of technics (being a Hart, that's probably a given), but in terms of being able to have engaging, fun matches that hook people? I never saw him in anything other than the big Canadian Stampede match (and I watched that so long ago I don't remember much of it).

You're not wrong! Bruce was only part of an angle at the end, he wasn't in it. He did wrestle in the Survivor Series 93 match HBK Knights matchthough, which might be what you're confusing it with. 

• Paid Members

Ah, gotcha. I really should get the Network and re-watch that period, it's been a very long time. Also, 93 was roughly when I gradually stopped watching wrestling for a few years, so my already-shit memory is patchy because of that.

• Paid Members

I love the fact that at Survivor Series 93, it's crystal clear what the instructions are regarding attire for the Hart Family, yet Bruce goes rogue. Everyone has the same short singlet, but Bret's is in pink (so you know he's the captain/leader/daddy) and the rest are in matching black.

Bruce rocks up with slightly longer shorts with lightning bolts down the side, as if to say 'I'm the fucking man'.

6 hours ago, Carbomb said:

He wasn't much good when he wrestled here, Owen and Bret much the best of the brothers by far 

• Paid Members
On 12/13/2017 at 11:33 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Bruce is clearly the coolest and the other two are just basking in his glory. 

66d45c682e7f232dd4f3e8a56f57a6e0.jpg

Better than Paul McCartney's "Wings" anyway, apart from "Live and Let Die".

According to Bruce Pritchard, he was fucking raging he wasn't in that "Canadian Stampede" match.

According to an audio interview I once heard about his feud with Owen, Bret said "Vince wanted to go with me and Bruce but I suggested Owen because Owen is amazing and Bruce is the shits."

It was extra amusing as Bret said the savage comment in his typically dead pan manner. 

• Paid Members

I might be remembering this wrong, as I haven't been through it in ages, but in Bret's book he says something about Vince considering adding Bruce to the Foundation stable after Stampede. But Bruce being Bruce he fucked it up after fucking Austins kidneys up with a load of stiff shots when the brothers leap the barricade to defend Stu. Now, that sounds the most "Bruce Hart" thing ever...

11 hours ago, DavidParis said:

According to an audio interview I once heard about his feud with Owen, Bret said "Vince wanted to go with me and Bruce but I suggested Owen because Owen is amazing and Bruce is the shits."

It was extra amusing as Bret said the savage comment in his typically dead pan manner. 

Was that during Brets short lived podcast where he'd shoot on every fucker under the sun? He seemed to be having fun doing that but calling the E's most pushed guy at the time a dangerous cunt who can't wrestle got a few people mad at him and the whole thing was cancelled.

Archived