Toilet Graffiti

BomberPat

• Paid Members
On 11/10/2017 at 3:23 PM, BomberPat said:

One of my favourites is the Coach & Horses in Soho, where someone had scrawled "FUCK IAN HISLOP" in permanent marker across half of the door.

Revisiting this from my first post, to add the context I was either unaware of or had forgotten at the time:

The Coach & Horses is, or at least was, where the staff of Private Eye used to drink, as it's on the same street as their office. Which adds all manner of potential backstories to the FUCK IAN HISLOP graffiti. A disgruntled colleague? Or someone who had their usual table nicked?

The graffiti is long gone, but I like to think of in terms of a panicked Marwood in the bogs in Withnail & I.

"Fuck Ian Hislop? Who fucks Ian Hislop? Maybe he fucks Ian Hislop..."

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The Coach & Horses is, or at least was, where the staff of Private Eye used to drink, as it's on the same street as their office. Which adds all manner of potential backstories to the FUCK IAN HISLOP graffiti. A disgruntled colleague? Or someone who had their usual table nicked?

There’s a door that bears the Private Eye branding on Carlisle Street, which is just off Dean Street. Probably about 3 minutes walk to there. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Seems you weren't the only wrestling fan in there - the one next to yours in big letters mentions Onita.

It's Korakuen Hall.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's Korakuen Hall.

I couldn't make out any other wrestling names in that picture. I see a Nishimura, but the forename is "Ryuji", not Osamu. Possibly Motoki? 

• 8 months later...