jazzygeofferz

That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can you wrong uns stop talking about The fucking Orville in this thread please?  Thank you.

Wait until the next season of The Expanse hits.

Yeah fuck The Orville. (I've never seen The Orville).

I've been flitting through episodes of DS9. Garak was badass. On a rewatch, Julian is even more annoying than usual, even when he reveals the cool super genes. Eugh. Ezri. Woof. That was a real jump the shark moment. 

2 hours ago, marc2j said:

Yeah fuck The Orville. (I've never seen The Orville).

I've been flitting through episodes of DS9. Garak was badass. On a rewatch, Julian is even more annoying than usual, even when he reveals the cool super genes. Eugh. Ezri. Woof. That was a real jump the shark moment. 

Julian's super genes is the principal tamzarian moment the series and character really didn't need 

Considering the writers loved a 'heres a normal thing and now its changed and the character struggles' trope, its a surprise they didnt take the genetic changes away to make him 'normal'.

But alas. Damar is awesome too by the way. 

19 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Sisko is a great captain, but the real star of DS9 was Miles Edward O'Brien. The true everyman of Star Trek.

Oh, it did my nut every time I realized I was stuck with an O'Brien episode, they seemed to come around like one in three!!

My highlight of DS9 upon a rewatch is definitely the appalling behaviour of Dr Bashir, intergalactic sexpest.

21 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Wait until the next season of The Expanse hits.

I really like The Expanse, but anyone comparing it with Star Trek is being silly. They're both sci-fi, but they're not all that similar.

8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I really like The Expanse, but anyone comparing it with Star Trek is being silly. They're both sci-fi, but they're not all that similar.

I know. Back when the Discovery chat was in the TV thread, it got hijacked by people basically ragging on it because it was neither Old School Trek or The Expanse. The concept of apples and oranges seemed alien to them.

I'm a big Expanse fan myself, but likewise, the comparison infuriates me.

Edited by BrodyGraham

12 hours ago, air_raid said:

Oh, it did my nut every time I realized I was stuck with an O'Brien episode, they seemed to come around like one in three!!

My highlight of DS9 upon a rewatch is definitely the appalling behaviour of Dr Bashir, intergalactic sexpest.

My one consolation was that O'Brien's wife clearly found him as annoying as I did.  She really fucking HATED him, she spent most of her time on the planet.

I'm certain the only reason she didn't dump him after her first time back to the station was that she'd been infected by Deanna Trois mum.