General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Walcott to Everton for a reported 30mil, what a bit of business, Everton about to get mugged right off haha

That's gone up a bit! I've heard the figure £20m thrown about over the past day, £30m would be a right mugging. Selling Coquelin for £12m, Sanchez for potentially £35m (whose contract expires in a few months), Theo for £30m (contract expires next summer) plus having sold Ox late in the summer window for £35m (with 1 year left) can be considered decent business all things considered, but we HAVE to reinvest that money now. I think we will see a very busy couple of weeks at Arsenal.

• Paid Members

Might be in the minority here, but I think Walcott under Big Sam will do well. He's the kind of player who he really rates out wide, very quick and with no end product. Thing is, with the extent to which Sam plays with true wide men lobbing random crosses in, could well end up still getting some decent figures. Everton in general are in dire need of pace, so I think it fits.

Either way, I don't think there has ever been a player more in need of a move than Theo Walcott. I've been saying that pretty much ad naseum since he dicked himself up in the Spurs match years ago. He'd got way, way ,way to comfrotable being bang-average at Arsenal. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

You only need to look at the stats, Gus. For England, the Big Sam & Walcott combination have a 100% winning record.

What surprises me is that Wenger is banging on about how he wants to keep him. Why? 

He's played about 4 seconds this season, is only going to depreciate in value, has obviously hit his peak as a player and wouldn't make it into the Arsenal side anyway. I've been confused as to why he hasn't been sold before in all honesty, unless he's just great pals with Wenger, or the club forgot they had him under contract, like some bastardised cross between Lanny Poffo in WCW and us with Paulo Ferreira. 

• Paid Members

Could be one of two things. Could be a negotiating tactic to try and encourage Everton (or even Southampton) to place a larger bid. Or, and I think this is the most likely, he has this strange loyalty with almost every player he has spent a long time with- unless they become a bit of a problem (which Szczesny supposedly did). He refuses to give up on players which in some instances can be admirable (his faith in Wilshere seems to be coming good at the moment) but more often than not it blows up in his face.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The 20th of this month is the twelve year anniversary of Walcott signing for Arsenal.  Twelve fucking years.

That's a mental statistic. Almost the same amount of time Wayne Rooney spent at Old Trafford becoming our all time leading goalscorer.

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm not sure about this Theo Walcot business. It doesn't even look like Theo Walcott for starters, and to be honest, I think Lookman has proven his worth lately when given the chance in that role.

I'm up for it. Koeman would still have his job if he'd spent the £25m Klassen fee on Walcott in the summer. He bought a load of good players just forgot to get any with any pace.

With Bolasie back, Lookman emerging, and Walcott too we'll suddenly be able to break which will allow our slow as fuck defence to sit deep without completely nullifying us going forward. Signing Theo makes it all work.

Walcott and Lennon can reminise about being shit hot 17 year olds. I'm not sure Theo is a player you want on the way down but at £20m if you get one good season out of him it's good value. I know he's injury prone too but I usually put that down to the Arsenal factor. The Ox has kept himself fit so far.

• Paid Members
Just now, Mr_Danger said:

Walcott and Lennon can reminise about being shit hot 17 year olds.

Also, if Everton happen to end up playing Croatia at some point, they'll destroy them. Especially with Rooney in the side, too.

Archived