General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

He probably felt like he has done what he can with Wales and if he was going to be offered a bigger job like the Everton, Leicester job then he would of took it but he is realistic with the teams he can manage and probably sees Sunderland as a good challenge for him.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's a bit of a sinking ship though surely? Not only does he have to try and get rid of the dead wood/over priced contracts and signings not good enough for them, he then needs to rebuild and try and get a team that can hold onto a result rather than drawing as many games as they're losing.

If he does manage to get them to safety and not bleeding money though, then he really is an incredible manager.

• Paid Members

Not surprised he's left Wales while his stock is still fairly high but Sunderland looks a tough job for anyone.

That said, they've got a decent squad and if Short is willing to back him, it's a club that being successful with is rewarding. 

• Paid Members

That'd make both you and Ralphy happy. Good chance of it happening, West Brom are unlikely to get anything from their next two games and he's under pressure as it is.

Then, Sherwood to the Baggies would be grand. Only this week he have an interview taking credit for Spurs becoming a major player...

• Paid Members

Fucking Tim Sherwood. For a man with such a high opinion of his own managerial talents, it's weird he can't seem to find a managers job, huh? In the unlikely event we ever win the league, the next day you'll see Tactics Tim in the press taking as much credit for it as he thinks he can get away it. 

• Paid Members

You have a good shot if we perform like we did today, Ralphy.

Absolute dog shit performance from pretty much everyone on the field for Tottenham. Only Davinson Sanchez acquitted himself well. It was like being in a time vortex and watching a Spurs side from 10 years ago. I expect we will bounce back fairly quickly, because Poch will be raging after that, but Arsenal seemed to want it more and their front three looked dangerous all the time. Terrible.

• Paid Members

I loved the desperation of trying to salvage something from the game by pumping balls up to Llorente. Mustafi was gobbling every one of them up.

Ozil was outstanding, Sanchez put in a good shift. I hope they're well replaced in the summer.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Ralphy said:

I can maybe see us getting a point against chelsea today, out of the "top teams" we generally do OK vs Chelsea 

Ok, maybe not! Pulis is gone I think. The owners suddenly rocking up, watching them ship 4 goals at home (which you previously didn't get from his teams) and watching his post-match interview on MOTD- he knows he's gone.

Well, the Pulis/Robson-Kanu axis will probably continue now at international level.

I know West Brom are on a poor run but in this league it only takes a few wins and your in the top part of the table. I still think Pulis has done well to keep West Brom up and quite comfortably when they may have fallen without him there by now. At the very least stick with him until the end of the season, I doubt they will get relegated.

In a league that is very competitive with more money being pumped into the league each season they should look at the bigger picture, stick to where and reap the rewards. 

Some teams need to accept they can only go so far in football, we have seen clubs make rash decisions and fall into the lower leagues (Charlton, Blackburn, Villa, Leeds etc).

• Paid Members

It's only competitive because there are about 12 or 13 mediocre teams more or less on exactly the same level beating each other every week with the occasional one breaking out and challenging for Europa League. The Premier League is awful.

• Paid Members

Fucking journos, fuck the lot of them. One of the Daily Mail journalists smugly picked an all-Spurs XI before the derby yesterday, when picking a combined North London side. The Arsenal Twitter account tweeted a gif of Ozil drinking a cup of tea at the said journalist after the result. Fair game, right? Harmless banter and he certainly asked for that.

The journo then was subject to abuse from other Twitter users. Not acceptable, and that's the dark side of Twitter, but the blame can't be placed at Arsenal's Twitter account right? Of course not. Tell that to the journos lambasting Arsenal for causing this situation and being responsible for this poor nice journalist being abused.

Most of the journos kicking off are from Daily Mail and The Sun- complaining that a Twitter account is responsible for a torrent of abuse. Daily Mail and The Sun! THE FUCKING IRONY

Archived