General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Indeed. They're paying £10M a year for it too. Very Amazon.

I imagine they're just trying to grab as much live sport content as possible. NFL, Tennis and, apparently, they were interested in the IPL cricket rights. Easier than coming up with their own good telly show, I guess.

• Paid Members

I'm very surprised the Premier League haven't created an extra package of games exclusively for the likes of Amazon to bid on. That way they still get the mega money from the usual pay TV suspects and an additional windfall from Amazon/FB/Google etc... 

19 hours ago, WeeAl said:

This could have more legs than I originally gave when I heard it mentioned before, as I just turned on my Amazon Firestick and I noticed they already have live NFL Thursday Night Football for this season for Prine members. 

I would be happy enough if Netflix or Amazon got in the game to compete with the TV companies, but I hope Facebook can't put a deal together. 

Was the thursday night free on there

• Paid Members

I'm on a coach to the airport in Spain so couldn't watch the West Ham/Spurs game. Even just waiting on notifications and keeping up on Twitter, it was heart in mouth stuff. West Ham fans would be unbearable if they came back from 3-1 down to draw or win. As it is, I get to call them a plucky little club on Twitter to many amusing, angry replies. 

20 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm very surprised the Premier League haven't created an extra package of games exclusively for the likes of Amazon to bid on. That way they still get the mega money from the usual pay TV suspects and an additional windfall from Amazon/FB/Google etc... 

I think this is where its going. They will probably win rights to show more games but mid week games like Sky has recently purchased for the championship.

I cannot see 3pm games being streamed unless they move a few games to Saturday 8pm, Sunday Mid-Day (I know sometimes there are mid-day kickoffs) etc.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Briefcase said:

I think this is where its going. They will probably win rights to show more games but mid week games like Sky has recently purchased for the championship.

I cannot see 3pm games being streamed unless they move a few games to Saturday 8pm, Sunday Mid-Day (I know sometimes there are mid-day kickoffs) etc.

I may have interpreted it wrong, but I was under the impression that it was illegal to show ANY football games between (i think) 2.45 and 5.25 on a Saturday so it won't effect the live attendances. Thats why other countries can see every game live, but we can't...

Fans of EFL teams that live abroad(or have a vpn ;)) are able to pay to watch every league game live from this season too...

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's been an uproar a few times because Real Madrid v Barcelona has kicked off during those times and they haven't been able to broadcast it. It's fucking stupid.

I can understand the thinking when it comes to domestic matches. I mean, if you show Man Utd live at 3pm then it could lead to many people who usually attend their local teams games but also support Utd sacking it off and watch the TV match instead. 

I think it's daft to include overseas games though... 

• Paid Members

I don't think that applies anymore though. I'm sat watching United online now. It's an outdated piece of legislation that needs to be binned. It's idiotic that I can't, legally, watch all of United's matches when someone living in Buttfuck, TX can.

Archived