What just makes you SMILE?

tiger_rick

Some of mine have already been mentioned such as Real American every time that's played.

My mention would be the vision of Lawler holding is arm up celebrating his win at Summerslam 93 while on a stretcher after Bret beat his ass but left the sharpshooter on for too long. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought of an awesome one. People talk about Taka's Royal Rumble 2000 bump a lot. It's not even the funniest fuck up in that match.

When Bradshaw enters the match, the Mean Street Posse hit the ring to attack him. Well, 2 of them do. Pete Gas is at the back sprinting in behind the other two heroes, and goes to do the traditional wrestler "dive under the bottom rope". Except he fucks it up and almost decapitates himself on the bottom rope. Its fucking hysterical.

After nearly breaking his neck, he gets in the ring but is clearly hurt and shaken. Bradshaw is his usual sympathetic self and clobbers him, throwing him out in a completely uncontrolled manner. His arm nearly gets caught in the rope and he falls to the floor like a bag of shit.

Bradshaw then gets eliminated, turns around and lamps poor Pete again. At this point, he just needs to go home.

But its all about him running all the way down the aisle and jumping throat first into the bottom rope. Any day, all I have to do is think of that and I grin.

• Paid Members

WrestleMania 30 in general, but mostly for the beginning promo with Hogan/Austin/Rock which is hilarious and heartwarming and the Daniel Bryan matches, which finish off such a great run for his character and such a wonderful rise to someone becoming champion.

WrestleMania 24 as me and my brother were there.

William Regal. Him turning up a TV tapings back in the day and having the crowd goes bananas.

Vince and Shane vs. Shawn and God (Backlash 2006). I can't even remember that much about it - nothing from the match itself - but my younger, more obnoxiously atheist self loved it at the time and it still makes me smile to think of that spotlight making its way down to the ring.

• Paid Members

Ok, so based on the few posts here I've just watched the "Running Up That Hill" video package as I've never seen it before (I'm a lapsed fan) and wow, seriously it's amazingly well done.

Absolutely stunning.

Two comedy bits in Chikara always make me smile, I'll link the vids rather than try to explain.

Chuck Taylor Kills Soldier Ant with a Grenade

Delirious Insults Player Uno

• Paid Members

Seeing Regal's name reminds me, pretty much anything from Regal's commissioner's office in 2001 will make me smile. Especially the stuff with Tajiri as his sidekick. 

There was a backstage thing Regal did in 2002 as well where he just ripped into Hogan for "poncing about in a feather boa like some 50 pence tart" that I really love. 

And his little run as a rapper. Straight up g-g-g-g-gangsta! 

Regal is a great man. 

• Paid Members
On 5/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, tiger_rick said:

What wrestling shit just makes you smile. It can be anything.

Old "Saturday Nights Main Event" intro theme does it for me. It can be the Animotion - "Obsession" or the Jim Johnston one.

Taker vs Hardy ladder match from Raw around 2002. I have never been a massive Jeff fan, but for one night I fucking loved him. not only him though because Taker is the man in this match.

Taker gives him so much here. From the opening fire from Jeff, to the facial expressions from Taker of "why won't you fucking die!"

Jeff getting to the too of the ladder and just touching the belt before Taker gives him the chokeslam to win was nail biting. 

Taker leaving and coming back to keep dishing out more punishing only for Jeff to keep getting back up and Taker just looking on in bemusement. 

The final part of the match with Taker coming in, picking him up and tapping him on the shoulder out of respect whilst calling him a touch son of a bitch just gives me goosebumps. 

Taker was fucking amazing around this time.

Also....Maven eliminating Taker from the 2002 Rumble still gets a pop from me all these years later. 

on the subject of the 2002 Rumble, how can anyone watch Mr Perfects entrance and not smile. Plus that pop for the Perfectplex on Angle. brilliant 

Archived