NXT callups

Swanskid95

My guess is Joe and Dillinger in the Rumble. Shinsuke, Revival and maybe Asuka by the post-Mania Raw. You never know who'll they'll go with though, they've swerved us before with the likes of Apollo Crews and Nia Jax who desperately needed to stay in developmental

• Paid Members

No chance of KO anytime soon surely. He's only just come back.

There'd be two "KO"s on the roster as well, although that could be the feud.

I think the obvious one's have already been mentioned, I think Austin Aries, some of the women will get called up, I am thinking other then Asaka maybe Ember Moon or the 2 Aussie girls, talking of Aussies I think Buddy & Murphy will get called up either as a team despite them splitting up or separately, I think Authors Of Pain will get called up as well, would love them in a stable with Roman Reigns.

• Paid Members

I think Samoa Joe is a certainty for the Royal Rumble. I really hope they strap a rocket to him, maybe have him eliminate The Undertaker or something.

I refuse to get excited about NXT call ups these days (even the guys who've succeeded most, like Kevin Owens, still haven't reached their full potential), but can you even imagine the pop Nakamura would get on the post-Mania RAW? Fucking hell. That would be so awesome.

• Paid Members

Joe has nothing left to do in NXT now. They should bring him up ASAP. Probably at the Rumble. Looks likely that Kassius is going to take over his role as main NXT heel anyway.

The Revival are the best tag team on the planet and, much like Joe, have nothing more to do being 2-time champs. I can see them moving up to Raw pretty soon - maybe the post-Mania edition.

I mentioned this in the NXT thread earlier today but Roode needs to be on the main roster. The bloke pisses star power. Get him on Smackdown and strap a rocket to the bloke. 

That's about it, I'd say. Nakamura needs to come up when they've got something concrete and interesting for him - if they bring him up without a ready-made storyline, I can imagine Vince getting bored and he'll end up in the 50/50 club on Raw trading wins with Rusev (sounds like a great match though). Maybe bring him up closer to Summerslam, NXT title feuds tend to last 6 months these days so Roode/Ohno can keep him busy until then. I don't see much in Dillinger past the '10' gimmick and he's destined to end up in a Dallas/Breeze role so I'd be happy for him to stay in NXT. 

I already count Aries as being called up. Seems obvious he's going to slit right into the CW division once healthy. 

NXT is pretty healthy right now though. Bring the above guys up and you still have Cien, Strong, Ohno, Sanity, Dillinger, Drifter, Lorcan, Itami, AoP, TM61, Revival. Plus you'd imagine they'll make a few more signings in the next 6 months. 

Revival are in the doghouse for having lob ons for themselves though aren't they? Maybe give them another year in league one, as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather they stay in the NXT to be honest, they exude brilliance and NXT has given them the perfect platform to show that and with potential feuds with AOP, DIY, Heavy Machinery and the Australian lads there's plenty to do. 

I'd promote Roode post-Mania, Joe is most likely moving up & Dillinger will have a one off appearance in the rumble match but I doubt they have any plans for him going forward on the main roster. 

And with Omega potentially on the horizon on either Raw or Smackdown, there's only so many spots to fill for new faces. 

• Paid Members

I agree that there's nothing for Dillinger to do on the main roster, although I hope he makes it there eventually if that's what his goal is. For now, he's still such a valuable asset to NXT. There's a massive feelgood moment waiting to happen sometime in the future should they wish to run his current angle all the way through to him finally winning the title (obviously not from Shinsuke though).

• Moderators

Dillinger did well on ECW when he was there.

Actually that's facetious, he's solid but honestly, I think he'll suffer from Adam Rose syndrome. Works in the small hall, fall on it's arse in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

It's weird cos he's gonna get a monster reaction on calling up, just being around the brand that long and the 'ten' chant seems bigger than ever, mainly in count-out spots, when of course Dillinger is not there. Especially if he's in the Rumble at #10 of course, people will go mental. By then you might as well stick him back in NXT as it's only really gonna be downhill from there. 

I want them to actually do the opposite and put a few guys down in NXT for a bit like they did with Tyson Kidd. like what good is Bo Dallas as a Raw roster member? put him down in NXT, let him re-develop his character, or perhaps go a totally different route, either way him coming back to battle for the title he was inaugral champion of, having seen it grow in prestige since he left is a very natural story to tell. there's a few who could have good runs down there, again in Bo's case.

Archived