NXT callups

Swanskid95

Not everyone who gets called up needs to be mid- or upper-card. Noone was begging for The Godfather to get a main event run, but bung him in the opener and you get the crowd going. There's a spot for Dillinger there. He's done everything he can in NXT and got his act over. A decent intro and a couple of solid PPV paydays and he'll be set as your go-to sympathetic underdog jobber.

• Paid Members

Revival in the dog house? Why?

I'd suggest it's been surmised from that tweet Dawson sent about "James Ellsworth making the main roster before us" or something similar, which as far as I can see was fully in "top guys" character.

Dillinger did well on ECW when he was there.

Actually that's facetious, he's solid but honestly, I think he'll suffer from Adam Rose syndrome. Works in the small hall, fall on it's arse in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The only thing I remember about Dillinger from his first run is getting kicked in the face by HBK as Stan, and I only found out that was him a few months ago so that's not even a real memory.

I think he has the potential to be the next Zack Ryder, where the fans all want him to succeed but WWE know his place on the card. He hardly ever wins on NXT

• Paid Members

I'd love Bobby Roode to be called up but how he will fare is another matter. He'll have quality matches but are they going to let him continue to carry himself like a star? Styles has been a pleasant surprise but even he's finally getting a bit lost.

It's weird how the dynamic has changed isn't it? Now there's not a lot of proving yourself on the main roster. It's all done elsewhere.

• Paid Members

It will be interesting to see if Joe's act can translate to the big time successfully. NXT seems set up for people to have an easy swim, where as on the proper show you're swimming while avoiding battered condoms, Tennet's cans and the smell of shite.

On NXT, Joe is perfect.

• Paid Members

He's got to be on Smackdown. On Raw, you have Owens and Rusev covering the big guy roles and Brock is the suplex-throwing legit fighter guy, so he'd be lost straight away. Smackdown on the other hand have his old buddies Cena (as pointed out above) and Styles to battle with. I think a Joe/Styles series is top of my dram list in WWE right now.

Archived