The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

So far as crossover to the mainstream is concerned ...

The Metro is a newspaper that basically never covers boxing outside of the mega fights and, as far as I've seen, has never covered MMA.

Here's a four page spread in today's paper for Mayweather / Mcgrgeor:

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Did he not see the WBC belt on the line? Legit.

Anyway, as discussed a few weeks back, I do enjoy all these traditional boxing types that have deluded themselves into thinking boxing is above the biggest boxing match ever. Adorable, even, given boxing's incredibly shady past and present.

53 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

I'm still scrambling to find a way to get this on the big screen. I can download the app on my tablet, but Sky don't allow casting, which is ridiculous for a one time event.

I've got a laptop, but it's dogshit and even then I don't know if Sky somehow block it when connecting it to an external big screen?

Even contemplated borrowing a neighbours sky box for the night. 

Buy a NOW TV Box - http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4240251?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200217410|agid:12488202770|tid:pla-330882531997|crid:66128550410|nw:g|rnd:5433223851636674032|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlKeW57Xy1QIVDSRoCh1_gA2tEAQYASABEgIyZ_D_BwE

£12 - Should be able to plug that in and buy PPV through that mate :)

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

He's nuts, but he's always a great listen.

Also, I'm starting to resent how excited I am for this fight. Stupid Conor McGregor and his ability to sell me he has any sort of chance. 12 round dullfest!

10 mins in and this is spectacular. Eubank always manages to talk just enough sense to make it impossible to completely dismiss him as a nut job, whilst still managing to basically be a complete nut job. I can never work out if he's insane or a genius.

6 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Did he not see the WBC belt on the line? Legit.

It's boxing's version of the Million Dollar Championship. They literally copied Ted DiBiase by commissioning a belt made of gold and covered in diamonds to hand out to the winner.

9 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Anyway, as discussed a few weeks back, I do enjoy all these traditional boxing types that have deluded themselves into thinking boxing is above the biggest boxing match ever. Adorable, even, given boxing's incredibly shady past and present.

it's all based around a need to feel superior. They desperately want to cloak boxing with a veneer of respectability, which is quite laughable if you spend even five seconds going over the history of boxing.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

I appreciate the effort, but there's no chance I'm spending £32 on the fight. 

Cheers though Seanz.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Moo said:

I enjoyed Eubank's interview massively - similarly the reaction from most non-UK folk who I guess don't know who he is or that he's *always* been like this. Incredible.

It is absolutely fucking brilliant isn't it!

Wand, he goes into far more detail, but I assure you it's the best analysis from a Boxer i've heard yet. 

6 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

I appreciate the effort, but there's no chance I'm spending £32 on the fight. 

Cheers though Seanz.

Drop me a PM if you want a more reliable method via 'other means.'

Bunce on the Boxing 5 Live boxing show - Claiming he feels McGregor is starting to panic. Bunce has switched stances on this fight so many times it's mad.

• Paid Members

I bet Helwani loves him. A character like Eubank is right up his street. 

Did anyone watch Helwani's interview with Mayweather from Mayweather's new strip club? Fucking knob Floyd is. Ariel asked him something like 'do you ever look back over your accomplishments with nostalgia?' And Floyd got a bit arsey for some reason. I don't think he knows what nostalgia means judging by his reaction. 

Oh and Ariel going 'I waited here for 6 hours to interview you'. Just try to picture Helwani lurking around a strip club for 6 fucking hours. Something about that tickles me. I can only imagine what my wife would say if I told her I spent 6 hours of my working day hanging around a strip club. 

• Paid Members

The Eubank interview is a great listen/watch. Helwani seems to be Eubank's new biggest fan. Or he's taking the piss. I'm never quite sure if he is being genuine with his praise. Eubank seemed to blow his mind.

Archived