The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, David said:

I'll be safely ensconced in my own flat, watching it with a few beers and a takeaway meal. Pretty sad, but like you say, I also can't be arsed with the cunts this kind of event will attract.

Not sad at all - it's by far the ideal scenario. HD picture, multiple camera angles, crisp sound, comfortable chairs, no idiots, good food, etc.

My usual 2 UFC mates are coming over - we'll get a chipper around midnight before last deliveries & probably watch some classic WWF as a warm up. We usually take 1/3 of an acid so we can stay awake. Just the right dose to keep you up until 7am without being too wired at any stage.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My life is way too complicated now to be taking proper trips. But I gotta use up the old supply! It works - gets me through the live UFC nights, which are usually just the McGregor fights or Wrestlemania.

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't want to sound like a prick, but I will.  I can see rucks starting in some pubs between MMA fans and Boxing fans during this.  Seeing them defending the honour of their sport and all that jazz.

Yeah, the guys where I train are all organising a night for it, but I'm not going. It's probably not gonna end well, especially in Glasgow.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, the guys where I train are all organising a night for it, but I'm not going. It's probably not gonna end well, especially in Glasgow.

No doubt the Bigot Boys will make it an Irish / British thing.

• Paid Members

Herbie microdropping acid so he can watch the McGregor fight is one of the most brilliant things I have read on here for a long time.

I wasn't going to bother with this, but now that Joshua/Wlad II is no go, got a few mates round. Will probably forgo the illicit drugs and just have a kip beforehand though.

• Paid Members

I just do it the old fashioned way. Lots of sugar, alcohol and prostitutes. That's the tried and tested formula that always enabled me to stay up for WWF PPVs as a kid. 

OK, the sugar bit is true though. I might even go crazy for this and bust out a Sherbet Dib Dab. 

Thug life! 

• Paid Members

I used to struggle with the WWF 4am PPV finish times in my early 20's back in the day. Now I'm 38 and UFC usually finishes after 6am! Wrestlemania was almost 7am this year! Forget it - I need a little help. Caffeine ain't gonna cut it. 

• Paid Members

So someone leaked a pic of Conor standing over Paulie as if he knocked him down. But from all reports, it was when Conor pushed him down (which Paulie had already spoken about).

DGVxj7yUIAAhcCi.jpg

Anyway, Paulie not too happy:

So this is going really well.... lol

Edit - how the fuck do you clear text formatting on this new forum? Where is the eraser button gone?

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't want to sound like a prick, but I will.  I can see rucks starting in some pubs between MMA fans and Boxing fans during this.  Seeing them defending the honour of their sport and all that jazz.

Nah - I don't think there are enough of them.  The public places are overrun with the casual fans.  

I was at MSG for UFC 205.  Honestly the behaviour of some of the Irish in there was laughable - I didn't see a lot in the way of trouble, but so many of them who were clearly way too intoxicated to remember anything about the card, nevermind Conor teeing off on Alvarez.  I found it embarrassing. 

Archived