Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

On 5/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, Supremo said:

I’ve seen a few people suggesting that they took the belt off Becky Lynch because her contact is due. I don’t buy it. It always felt like they were going to switch the belt here, giving Liv something substantial to do rather than just immediately win it once Rhea vacated. It did make me wonder though; is there a chance that Rebecca Knox is All Elite? I’d be up for it. She’s done everything she could ever possibly do in WWE. She’s stale as fuck, going in circles. Jumping over and going on a Copeland-style run of fresh, exciting opponents could be the best thing for her career. You assume Mercedes getting that big bag won’t have gone unnoticed. Working one day a week and potentially wrestling only a few times a month must be tempting when you’ve got a young kid, too. All whilst potentially helping the industry as a whole. She must be at least considering it. She’d be silly not to.

Just don’t bring Seth. Please. No thanks. Never. No.

Only my opinion but I just can't see WWE letting this happen in a million years, If there was even a whiff of a chance I think WWE would throw a contract so big she wouldn't be able to turn it down.

Lynch is in the the 'A-Team' bracket of stars the company is built around, I can definitely see her getting a reduced dates contract though.

• Paid Members

At the risk of ruining my non-existent reputation - no chance in hell does Becky actually leave. She might not sign soon, she might take a break, but she's a lifer. Does anyone think she does them the favour of picking up Rhea's belt to drop it to Liv AND going on the European tour if she had her eyes on the exit door? She'd have told them "You're alright mate" if she was just going to let her contract expire then consider pastures new.

Or to put it another way... not this summer. #COYS

She put on X yesterday a picture of her leaving the arena with the caption "to be continued"

So presumably she is at least hinting she intends to stay

Most likely outcome is she takes an extended break maybe even for the rest of the year or until the late Autumn returning at the Rumble or for War Games depending on stories at the time if she'll fit in being on a team.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It’s 2024. Vince McMahon isn’t involved in pro-wrestling, WWE is having a boom period off the back of El Generico, The Rock just had the heel run of the year, and the two major World Champions are Stardust and that fella out of Hit Row. Never has, “never say never,” been more appropriate.

Do I think Becky stays? Probably. But I also think there’s a bigger chance than ever that she jumps. After all, she’s the first one since Cope who’s let the WWE contract fully lapse, and look how that turned out. Similar in how they’ve both done absolutely everything in WWE, too. Can she really be arsed with any more Charlotte matches?!

Plus; almost every free agent this year has seen Hunter get priced out. Seems AEW are always willing to offer bigger. No grind, either 😉. From the outside looking in, it appears Hunter has to keep within a budget set by Endeavor, whereas Tony’s just playing with infinite BIG SHADDY COOL money. Bet he’s willing to drop a few extra million to get her to sign his Shimmer DVDs.

Maybe she'll be the expecting though. Who knows. Mercedes is pretty much accepted as being the highest paid woman ever now, isn’t she? Wherever she goes, Becky’s going to end up doubling it!

Interesting that people think Becky is a, “lifer,” or a member of the, “A Team,” that WWE won’t let go though. I don’t think that exists for either company anymore. A founder of AEW is WWE Champion, Sunday’s AEW pay per view featured four former Wrestlemania main eventers, The Big Show is still shuffling and limping around backstage on Dynamite and AEW has now been around long enough to both hire and now release Mark Henry!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

She put on X yesterday

Check his hard drive.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is Becky worth breaking the bank to keep? I'm not sure these days.

I don't think there are many that are worth breaking the bank for, but I assume they'll pay her enough with fewer dates to stay. If the Mania match with Ripley was the perfect timing for "is Rhea still on the way up" vs "is Becky on the way down" meeting of two talents at the peak, there's still an inevitable use of Becky in the "has she still got it?" role up against someone still relatively new and still getting established.

By which I mean ; I expect Lynch will return and eventually be used to put Stratton over as the next baddie at the top.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Interesting that people think Becky is a, “lifer,” or a member of the, “A Team,” that WWE won’t let go though. I don’t think that exists for either company anymore. A founder of AEW is WWE Champion, Sunday’s AEW pay per view featured four former Wrestlemania main eventers, The Big Show is still shuffling and limping around backstage on Dynamite and AEW has now been around long enough to both hire and now release Mark Henry!

100% this. With a couple of exceptions I don't think anyone should be considered a "lifer" on either side of the fence anymore. It's netter for everyone this way, if a Becky went to AEW she would have a break from WWE do some other cool stuff and potentially come back as a fresh proposition in a few years time, should she want to. This gives talent an opportunity to go do other things while still making a living, and audiences a chance to miss them. It's a win for everyone I think.