A Prince Among Men

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Has Chris Barrie appeared in anything that isn't fucking dreadful apart from about 4 Series of Red Dwarf? I think we can all agree that Brittas Empire wasn't very good in hindsight. I think he deserves to win The John Challis Cup for only appearing in one decent programme over about thirty years.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Filthy Rich and Catflap I suppose. He used to pop up in the same kind of stuff Rik Mayall used to back in the 80s. Mind you, so did Norman Pace and Lenny Henry. Barrie seemed to have connections to that alternative scene back then, so he turned up in some good stuff. Other than Red Dwarf, he I cant think of anything he's been in that was funny for more than a 30 second cameo.

• Paid Members

It's amazing really out of that alt-scene. For every Rik and Ade, you had Chris Barrie appearing in utter tosh, noted anti-establishment figure Norman Pace as Ian alluded to and Ben Elton wanking around in High School Musical and Phantom of the Opera.

Don't really know what my point is out of this, besides the fact that I hate Ben Elton

They theme tune still comes into my head from time to time. I remember nothing else from it except thinking it was shit, especially after the Britas Empire

Are the lyrics really "He's always right, Coz he knows what's right"? It couldn't surely?

On similar note, I'm still waiting for someone to upload the ITV Sitcom Morris Minor's Marvellous Motors.

Chris Barrie should be the next Doctor Who. I think I'd piss out a kidney laughing each week. I imagine he'd play it with a scouse accent, like A Prince Among Men.

Good shout. John Challis actually appeared in one decent Doctor Who serial before he was Boycie – but of course that wasn't supposed to be intentionally funny.

Archived