Analysing the "Sleaze Thread" a decade later...

Liam O'Rourke

So, for this week's podcast, at the suggestion of our own Kaz Hayashi, we're taking a look at the infamous "Sleaze Thread", a list of questionable tales from inside the world of wrestling put together on the DVDVR message board over a decade ago that attracted a lot of attention, and we'll be speculating on some of the "urban legends" mentioned with an extra ten years of knowledge, debating their validity.

Our question for you is - which of these elaborate (and sometimes absurd) tales was/is your favourite and why? Do you think said rumour is true? Why do you think it is or isn't? And does one stand out to you in particular as worthy of debate?

As always the best contributions will be read on the show and you'll be credited accordingly. So which of these urban legends was the one that amused or shocked you enough to make it your favourite, and why?

EDIT - Our show discussing Wrestling Urban Legends and the Sleaze Thread, featuring many of your contributions, is now online and available to listen to at the following link: http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/nds8ee/SCG_Radio_98_-_Wrestling_Urban_Legends_and_The_Sleaze_Thread.mp3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It has to be the story about Sid travelling around with a squirrel that he put down his pants for a bet and got bitten on the dick. Sid ended up with stitches and a tetanus on his knob. Sid has always appeared to be a thick as pig shit so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Sid jobbed to a squirrel. And the squirrel didn't even have scissors.

I said the squirrel didn't even have scissors.

• Paid Members

The jobby on the table crops up a few times, Jericho has commented on the Germans getting wrapped up in cling film and being shat on. It's unusual but I'd suspect it is probably true given normal doesn't apply in wrestling and it happened to a band mate when we were in Moscow.

On the whole though some are so vague they don't really mean anything. JBL buggering newbies in the showers crops up bit rarely substantiated. Is it true? Does it matter? Camera phones/social media has put an end to such rampant debauchery. That's why this lot seem so dull, never any proper scandal.

Jim Duggan inventing a dildo blender, where he places a dildo in a blender at high speed, and shoves it up a woman's vag. I can just imagine him in the process of creating it, pulling all his signature Jim Duggan facial expressions, before giving a big thumbs up and yelling "Hooooo" once it's finished.

It's sadly not on the website you linked, but I definitely remember seeing it on DVDVR.

Bruce Hart being a teacher then impregnating and marrying an underage girl is so batshit mental that it just has to be true

Sid shitting himself in the main event at Wrestlemania 13 is right up there too.

Wasn't there some story that Albert wrestled the Royal Rumble match in either 2001 or 2002 with a raging hard-on?

This is my favourite even though it's clearly bullshit

263. Remember back in the final days of the ministry when Viscera was tearing up the jobber circuit left and right? Well his abrupt firing shocked fans but I remember reading the real story of why he was fired. I don't remember exactly but it went something like this. It was before a live taping of monday night raw and big Vis hadn't been seen all night. Well Vince Mcmahon is in his office doing paperwork when Shawn Michaels busts in, which was odd because at this time Michaels wasn't even on the active roster. He was still playing up his neck injury angle at this time. So anyway Michaels busts in and tells Vince he just saw Viscera on the hood of a limo snorting the longest line of cocaine he'd ever seen in his life. This had to be a big freakin line of cocaine cause you have to assume Michaels had seen some big ones in his life. Vince is outraged instantly, but before he can say anything Vis walks in Coked up out of his mind. Michaels then proceeds to just say "ain't that right vis?" Viscera in his cocaine voice replies "yeah... thats right shawn." Vince stands to his feet and tells Vis he's fired on the spot. So it was right back to the 3rd ring of hell, memphis wrestling, for Vis. Fans never even got a fairwell match.

There was also another hilarious fake one in the original thread (which didnt make it to the angelfire compilation) of Don Callis, of all people, wearing a championship belt backstage at some indie show fingering his arsehole screaming "I'm the champ".

Jim Duggan inventing a dildo blender, where he places a dildo in a blender at high speed, and shoves it up a woman's vag. I can just imagine him in the process of creating it, pulling all his signature Jim Duggan facial expressions, before giving a big thumbs up and yelling "Hooooo" once it's finished.

It's sadly not on the website you linked, but I definitely remember seeing it on DVDVR.

I definitely remember this entry on the DVDVR forum 10 years ago. I believe someone even made a sig of a dildo blender that was used on there for a while. 

Make that another vote for the Rock N Roll Express with the glass table and hooker shatting all over it. Reminds me of the sort of actions a cracked up Jake said in Beyond The Mat about how a normal sex life is impossible.

• Paid Members

One of my favourite (that I think was in a forum discussing the sleaze list, rather than in the sleaze list itself) was the one about Ted DiBiase not taking no for an answer from the night receptionist, resulting in Dusty knocking him out, slinging him over his shoulder and walking off with a "Keep watching the WWF, ma'am".

I don't care if it's true or not.

• Paid Members

My favourite off the list was that Lita was a serial rat in Mexico and did the favour for a few guys, including El Dandy. It must be true, lads. Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

• Paid Members

The one with Kerry Von Erich having to have his foot amputated because he tried walking on to get a cheeseburger had me corpsing when i first read it. I think its fairly obvious its one of the more blatantly bullshitty ones, but the thought of the stoned twat trying to hobble across the  room to get his munchy fix had me creasing...

Also, staying on the theme of the Von Erich's, the multiple references of cat killing, including Kerry killing one by throwing a circular saw blade at it had me chuckling! 

• Paid Members

The one with Kerry Von Erich having to have his foot amputated because he tried walking on to get a cheeseburger had me corpsing when i first read it. I think its fairly obvious its one of the more blatantly bullshitty ones, but the thought of the stoned twat trying to hobble across the room to get his munchy fix had me creasing...

Also, staying on the theme of the Von Erich's, the multiple references of cat killing, including Kerry killing one by throwing a circular saw blade at it had me chuckling!

As far as i know it's true. Not sure if he went for a cheeseburger, very the fact that he put to much pressure on his just repaired foot caused enough damage to result in amputation.

It's got to be Stephanie using 'old reliable' on HHH, Chyna and Steve Austin - I'd love to know just how Old Man Jones takes that one!! And no - not take it like Austin took Stephanie's bottom line.

For me it's just more proof that Stephanie wants to be just like her dad.

Archived