Wwe live in London

Drfunke

• Paid Members

If you're an adult wrestling fan who goes to shows and plays at being wrestlers... Maybe don't do that. I nearly tripped over some guy dressed as Ric Flair putting on the worst figure four to some guy and then watched a whole group of guys doing moves on each other afterwards whilst queuing for the gents. They didn't even stop when security came over. 

Anyway, not the worst night. Triple threat was good and I enjoyed Jericho vs Reigns.

Definitely echo the hate for the people chanting for Reigns. I get that kayfabe's basically dead and chants are basically just things they do to take part in the show now rather than cheering and booing for wrestlers they like/dislike but even so... Ugh.

Mind you, I didn't get back to Cardiff til gone 3am so I might just be grumpy from not sleeping.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the things you can level at Reigns, saying he can't wrestle is about the only one that'd be completely wrong. He has crap ring attire, mediocre mic skills and has been booked to look like a twat multiple times but when that bell rings he nearly always delivers. Poor guy works his butt off every night in intense, physical matches just to have to listen to that shit.

If you're an adult wrestling fan who goes to shows and plays at being wrestlers... Maybe don't do that. I nearly tripped over some guy dressed as Ric Flair putting on the worst figure four to some guy and then watched a whole group of guys doing moves on each other afterwards whilst queuing for the gents. They didn't even stop when security came over.

Yea I saw that knob, was with a guy dressed as Big Bossman

Even worse than 'fight forever'.

I normally hate contrived chants, but I will crack a smile the first time I hear that one chanted ironically during a Big Show vs Strowman match.

Main event got ruined by a 14 year old girl screaming behind me throughout the main event calling Seth "Daddy Seth" and "fuck me daddy Seth"

Yeah, sorry.

I didn't mind "fight forever" the first time because it occurred organically on a great match. When it then gets busted out every other week on NXT and at least once every other PPV, it quickly loses anything that might have been special about it. "This is awesome" lost all meaning years ago when people started chanting it for anything that was above average.

There was a video on www.com a few back from one of those NXT:All Access things they run every other month. One of the trainers, I didn't recognise who it was, was in the ring doing a spot on Steve Austin impression, and I mean spot on, if you'd closed your eyes you'd have thought it was Austin himself. And what reaction did it draw from the people who paid way over the odds for day?...THIS IS AWESOME *clap,clap,clap clap clap*...

Whenever someone chants that Reigns can't wrestle, I'd love for him to just go "alright then, you get in here and do it"

Whenever someone chants that Reigns can't wrestle, I'd love for him to just go "alright then, you get in here and do it"

As much as I agree that the "you can't wrestle" chants are stupid, that's almost the equivalent of the old "you can't do any better" rebuttal when somebody calls a footballer shit.

I normally hate contrived chants, but I will crack a smile the first time I hear that one chanted ironically during a Big Show vs Strowman match.

I hate that stuff generally too, but This Is Awesome being chanted 30 seconds into a 6 Diva Tag Match on Superstars in Manchester a couple of years ago did make me smile.

The people chanting 'let's go Festus' last night can get fucked too.

I did hear coming out people were disapointed about no Enzo and Cass, Bayley but to be fair they were never advertised

Bayley wasn't, but Enzo and Cass were still advertised as of this past weekend on the O2 and the WWE site.

Are u sure? Ive got 2 different screen grabs from wwe.com i sent to my mate who I went with, 1 from 3 weeks ago which had Balor on the tour and the revised one from this weekend and Enzo and Cass are definately not mentioned on them

I remember talking with him last month about it being odd they arnt on the tour

I hate that stuff generally too, but This Is Awesome being chanted 30 seconds into a 6 Diva Tag Match on Superstars in Manchester a couple of years ago did make me smile.

The people chanting 'let's go Festus' last night can get fucked too.

Chanting the name of a previous persona is always horrendous. Bray Wyatt's debut getting Husky Hartis chants is another.

My first live show in '96 had someone behind me shouting "Come on, Cactus Jack!"

The whole crowd fell silent, and began forming an orderly line to sign up for his newsletter.

Archived