Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Perhaps they have come or are coming to terms on her release and it's not been announced yet? I mean, it certainly doesn't look too likely she'll be back oin a WWE ring, and if it got dragged out the rumours about WWE asking/telling/whichever one her to finish with ADR if they are true would look dead shit on WWE's part if they allowed it to drag out and kept her there against her will.

I'm probably talking bollocks here though.

Well Zak Knight has tonight teased that Paige maybe be at the WAW tapings in Norwich this weekend. A screen shot has been taken from her Facebook account saying she's coming to England as well.

Not sure how she's allowed to do that or if they simply won't use footage of her on their tv show.

She's appeared at WAW shows before while under contract to WWE.

I think she was back in the country earlier this year and was at a couple of shows. Obviously she didnt wrestle but she was there.

I'm assuming this is the same situation.

I guess we shall see. 

Firstly, the thread wasn't just about a mid carder facing disciplinary action. It was about Paige failing a drug test and being suspended. She didn't forget her boots. That makes her an idiot. Everyone that fails a test is an idiot. It's your job not to fail.

Secondly, age is no excuse for being an idiot. She's been wrestling for about ten years. She should know what you can and can't do by now.

Thirdly, as I've said previously, she should be allowed to express herself however she wants, but when you're using your WWE branded social media accounts of your fake TV character, you don't post things that are clearly designed to irk your employer. They have their ways. They're an odd company that operates in its own little fantasy world where normal HR doesn't apply. She knows that. Ignoring all that makes her an idiot.

Fourthly, I'm not sure why you're feeling the need to white knight for a celebrity, actually I think I do, but I hope you were there defending John Terry from the millions of people (not just the thirty or so here) after his indiscretions. Let's hope you're defending Katie Hopkins on Twitter. She's a woman. I guess it's creepy when thousands of people on Twitter call her names and talk about her? What about the millions of people that took the piss out of lady gaga for wearing her butchers dress? They all called her a mentalist. Were you waiving your flag for her too? It's the Internet. She's a celebrity doing stupid things. It's not a real world discussion. It's just a message board. I'm sure she thanks you for your service though.

I have no interest in debating whether Paige is an idiot or not. I haven't met her. I haven't even watched one of her matches. You've missed the point.

Comments like "her boyfriend of less than a year's fake wrestling name [is] permanently etched on her body" or unprompted speculation that "she's so in love/obsessed/immature that she leaves to go with him" go well beyond her employment situation. I'm pretty sure that any reasonable person would spot the condescension if not outright misogynism in those words if they paused for thought.

I'm not bothered what someone on the internet thinks about a particular wrestler despite what you appear determined to believe. It's the obvious relish with which you, and others, await the expected downfall of a woman who continued to date a man AFTER YOU EXPLICITLY TOLD HER NOT TO that disturbs me.

Firstly, the thread wasn't just about a mid carder facing disciplinary action. It was about Paige failing a drug test and being suspended. She didn't forget her boots. That makes her an idiot. Everyone that fails a test is an idiot. It's your job not to fail.

Secondly, age is no excuse for being an idiot. She's been wrestling for about ten years. She should know what you can and can't do by now.

Thirdly, as I've said previously, she should be allowed to express herself however she wants, but when you're using your WWE branded social media accounts of your fake TV character, you don't post things that are clearly designed to irk your employer. They have their ways. They're an odd company that operates in its own little fantasy world where normal HR doesn't apply. She knows that. Ignoring all that makes her an idiot.

Fourthly, I'm not sure why you're feeling the need to white knight for a celebrity, actually I think I do, but I hope you were there defending John Terry from the millions of people (not just the thirty or so here) after his indiscretions. Let's hope you're defending Katie Hopkins on Twitter. She's a woman. I guess it's creepy when thousands of people on Twitter call her names and talk about her? What about the millions of people that took the piss out of lady gaga for wearing her butchers dress? They all called her a mentalist. Were you waiving your flag for her too? It's the Internet. She's a celebrity doing stupid things. It's not a real world discussion. It's just a message board. I'm sure she thanks you for your service though.

I have no interest in debating whether Paige is an idiot or not. I haven't met her. I haven't even watched one of her matches. You've missed the point.

Comments like "her boyfriend of less than a year's fake wrestling name [is] permanently etched on her body" or unprompted speculation that "she's so in love/obsessed/immature that she leaves to go with him" go well beyond her employment situation. I'm pretty sure that any reasonable person would spot the condescension if not outright misogynism in those words if they paused for thought.

I'm not bothered what someone on the internet thinks about a particular wrestler despite what you appear determined to believe. It's the obvious relish with which you, and others, await the expected downfall of a woman who continued to date a man AFTER YOU EXPLICITLY TOLD HER NOT TO that disturbs me.

Now you're just inventing things. When you have to lie to make your point, it's over. I certainly didn't "tell her" not to date him. In fact, I said she should be able to date who she wants and express it in any way she feels. But she doesn't work for a normal company. She works for WWE where normal rules don't apply.

Why can't we discuss the fact that she was stupid enough to get her boyfriend of five months fake wrestling name tattood on her body? I didn't make it up. It happened. She showed the world. Then realised how stupid it was so deleted it. I didn't do that. She did. And it was stupid. Her being a woman has nothing to do with that. If Del Rio did it then he'd be a fucking moron too. But, of course, he didn't do it, did he?

As for the other quote, it was exactly the same when Jerry Lawler rashly quit his job after his ex was fired, only to come back the same year after she left him for another man. It was a stupid thing to do in hindsight. And if it happened now, instead of 2001, we would all be taking the piss out of him too. But because Paige is a woman then it's mysogeny? You have to come to her rescue? Do you want free tickets to the WAW show or something?

There are also slashes in between the words in your quote. They're options. She could be in love with him. Or it could be that she's a complete bunny boiler. Or it could be that she has emotional issues and is too afraid to leave him and save her job. Who the fuck knows. That's why I didn't say one or the other. It's just speculation and people are talking about it. Why aren't you in the 60+ page CM Punk thread defending him from people saying he's a twat? Oh yes, of course. Obviously. You don't cover yourself in talcum powder and pull yourself off screaming "it's my house" over CM Punk do you? That's reserved for another.

But once again, it's not a real world conversation. It's talking about a celebrity on a message board. It isn't real. It's just a wrestling message board. Oh, and if you're "disturbed" by something someone says on an Internet message board for wrestling (of all fucking things) about a celebrity then, fucking hell, I hope you never go outside. Get over yourself. Hopefully you get a DM from her on Twitter thanking you for your efforts.

Stop trying to make out that people who are against your idiotic comments are somehow white knighting the girl. Regardless of her being a celeb, your comments, and others, are so full of conjecture, and quite obvious nastiness,  it's quite unreal.  Get a grip boy.

Edited by Ladiesman345

Stop trying to make out that people who are against your idiotic comments are somehow white knighting the girl. Regardless of her being a celeb, your comments, and others, are so full of conjecture, and quite obvious nastiness,  it's quite unreal.  Get a grip boy.

Ladiesman345, I don't have an issue with people disagreeing or having a counterpoint. It's a message board. That's what it's for. But I take umbrage with the idea that the only reason people are talking about it is a) because they are creeps or b) because they hate women. It would be ridiculous if a man was behaving in the same way. If Del Rio got a tattoo saying "Paige" I'd think he was a complete twat.

People are free to debate anything that's gone on. You can say all my points are stupid and wrong. That's fine. But calling someone a creep and saying they hate women because they think it's stupid that a woman got a tattoo of her boyfriends of five months fake characters name, and posted it on her works social media despite all the problems that have being going on between the three parties, is trying too hard.

You don't need to get all upset and start calling people "boy". It's just a message board. We can debate the points and agree to disagree.

• Paid Members

Well Zak Knight has tonight teased that Paige maybe be at the WAW tapings in Norwich this weekend. A screen shot has been taken from her Facebook account saying she's coming to England as well.

Not sure how she's allowed to do that or if they simply won't use footage of her on their tv show.

She's appeared at WAW shows before while under contract to WWE.

I think she was back in the country earlier this year and was at a couple of shows. Obviously she didnt wrestle but she was there.

I'm assuming this is the same situation.

I guess we shall see. 

IIRC, what happened earlier in the summer (it was an Ipswich show) was "Paige is over here on holiday, she's going to be in attendance at the show in Ipswich tonight as a fan, she's happy to say hi & take photos."

I'd imagine it'll be a similar situation this weekend, unless she gets a release before Friday when she'll officially "appear" on the shows.

Heel turn and a feud with Bayley to keep her occupied whilst Charlotte and Sasha fight over the title could be alright if she's proper back and WwE are behind her

But yeah youre probably right, squashed by Nia Jax for a couple weeks to get her a bit more credibility before her evetual release.