UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Mickey Gall on the MMA hour.

The guy has really hit the ground running. Seems a very comfortable talker and completely gets what this is all about. 

If the rumoured projected buyrate is as described, The UFC have done really well out of this.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah Rogan came across like a right bitter cunt IMO. He seemed to kinda try and even out what he was saying at the end of the broadcast when him and Goldie where covering the night's events, but he just seemed perplexed by the idea/situation and instead of understanding it just shat all over it.

At one point he described Gall being in side control as an "horrific situation" for Punk. Fucking side control! Calm down son ...

• Paid Members

Maybe. It just seemed right over the top to me.

Imagine a relagation side goes 1-0 in a cup final against Man City and Gary Linekar starts losing his shit the way Rogan did. Everyone would be telling him to wind his neck in.

• Paid Members

Rogan was OTT alright, but that comment was probably accurate considering the situation. There was no way Punk was getting up and Rogan knew he was within 90 seconds of being finished, as did most people. The second he got taken down and Gall landed a few shots straight after, everyone knew the ending.

• Paid Members

That's him, yeah. He talked about being offered the WWE writers position and I was genuinely fascinated to hear more about that. But Rogan got all uncomfortable and had to go into mid life crisis Neanderthal mode and shout him down. I reckon he'd have had a very different, less piss takey tone about it if it was Josh Barnett sitting opposite him rather than an 8 stone soaking wet camp comedian.

Yeh i remember that. Like with a lot of subjects though Rogan appears to have changed his tone tone on pro wrestling. During the Jeremy Stephens podcast the subject came up and Rogan almost defended it (Stephens himself is/was a fan). Rogan changes his opinion like the weather, Hinchcliffe must have just caught him on a bad day.

Rogan would also murder CM Punk like a lion would a cocker spaniel.

Rogan might be an old guy, but he's still a legit black belt in jiu jitsu, and has a history of striking competition. He coached GSP on spin kicks, for fucks sake.

He'd decapitate Punk.

Rogan's just doing his macho caveman routine because he knows that Punk would most likely make for a far better and more polished sidekick to Goldberg than he has of late.

I can see Punk moving into the commentating/media side of things eventually. He's not a great fighter, but he's knowledgable, knows his stuff as far as BJJ goes, and is terrific in front of the camera.

Get Joe to fuck basically, with his big HGH heid and sweat-stained black shirt.

Archived