The "Jon Jones gone screwed up again" thread

ColinBollocks

If Jon's bro has been using the same supplements as him then it's likely that's the reason he got popped. Then again that's up in the air because Jones is just a massive wanker, but as Bifkin said he is an entertaining fighter and I do seriously enjoy watching him fight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

What was supposed to be Jon Jones's return to greatness at UFC 200 following a suspension and legal troubles ended up only compounding the former light heavyweight champion's problems. Before Jones could face Daniel Cormier in the main event on July 9, he was removed from the card on July 7 for a potential anti-doping violation flagged by USADA.

As it turns out, Jones could be exonerated and soon. "Well, it's coming back now that it looks like he did not take the supplement that everybody thought he took," UFC President Dana White told radio host Jim Rome on his show on Tuesday. "We'll see how this thing plays out."

During a July 18 hearing with the Nevada Athletic Commission , it was revealed Jones tested positive for Hydroxy-clomiphene, an anti-estrogenic agent, and Letrozole metabolite, an aromatase inhibitor. Both are estrogen blockers typically used after a cycle of anabolic steroids to suppress unwanted side effects. The positive results derive from a June 16 out-of-competition drug test.

"I don't even know if this is public. I didn't know if I can talk about it," White said. "Normally, I talk about anything, but when it comes to medical stuff, you can't do it. It's looking like Jon Jones did not take the drug everybody thought he took. It looks like it's something else.

"I'll let this thing play out and if that's true and that's what USADA and the Nevada State Athletic Commission say happened, it could look good for Jon Jones."

While the positive test was administered by USADA on June 16 for an eventual bout in Las Vegas, the Nevada Athletic Commission retains legal authority over Jones's case. However, Jones is still subject to the penalties set out in USADA's protocol created with UFC. For Jones to return to the Octagon, he has to be clear of any penalties or restrictions from USADA and the state athletic commission. Neither body has shared any information publicly about any developments related to Jones's predicament.

White's revelation of Jones's potential return is not the first of its kind. On Sunday, Jones posted a video message on Instagram intimating he had received good news and would return to the Octagon soon.

In addition, while White acknowledged there may have been somewhat of a rush to judgment on Jones, the Jackson-Winklejohn fighter isn't without some blame, suggesting even if Jones ingested the banned substance accidentally, there is still a measure of culpability.

"He didn't get a bum wrap," White explained. "He definitely didn't get a bum wrap, but the substance that he was on, it was a pill that you take when you're coming off of steroids. But this thing is apparently in other things. Jon took something else.

"Where he doesn't come off clean is you have to tell USADA everything that you put in your body leading up to the fight and he did not," White noted.

If Jones does get away with this, then we can call him missing out on his 200 pay day as some mental karma. Poor DC can't get rid of this dickhead.

He'll make at least double the money than he would fighting Anthony Johnson or Glover Teixeira with a chance of getting his only loss back and there is not exactly a big line up if of and comers at 205.

Glover's a great not a bad word to say about the guy but Anthony Johnson has been at least charged with domestic violence several times, he has also missed weight several times during his career by considerable margins.

So if Anthony Johnson wins, which I expect, then both his future opponents haven't exactly been great role models.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

I posted this in the podcast thread, but with a coffee in me, it's probably best in here.

It's a fairly good listen. The most newsworthy parts are Jones' explanation of the dick pills/PED fiasco and how he would go Olly Reed with his partying a week before a fight and black out, mainly because it gave him an excuse should he lose.

Rogan does a good job keeping things focussed and asking everything you want to hear. He's quite good at this, eh?!

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

He really is a scum bag. He's just so full of fucking shit and just comes across so insincere it's incredible. Everything he says is all about how he has this incredible ability to keep rising because of how positive he is, yet not accepting it's probably this arrogant belief why he keeps fucking people and himself over.

When he refers to the UFC 200 debacle like it was supposed to be his triumphant return after having everything taken away from him? Again, portraying himself as the victim in all of this. 

He's just a scummy bastard. 

The stuff on God not giving him a son, as God doesn't see him as mature enough was hilarious in its own right. This is the guy with four young daughters, yet would be up partying every week, get tied up in a hit and run coke case etc and he can't understand how he isn't mature enough? Those kids could have some serious mental issues in the kid the way Jones acts.

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but watched a few clips of the Rogan podcast with Jon Jones and fucking hell he's a slimy skin crawly twat. Like Lamby says, he just refuses to take responsibility for anything. He actually said at one point, something along the lines of 'I got through a hit and run' as if he was the victim. He was behind the sodding wheel! I'd swear he was trolling but you can tell he really does believe this shit.

I don't know what to make of the whole USADA/cock pills thing.

• Paid Members

Just posted in the other thread before spotting this. I don't think he comes off that bad. He seems completely self-obsessed and he's tricked me like this before but I just can't help but get persuaded round by him.

Watched the first 30 mins. It's like he's parodying himself on David Brent at times.

When Rogan asks him what his first thoughts were when he found out he'd hit a pregnant woman, he's clearly setting it up so Jones can look for redemption. Instead Jones says his first thought is if the baby dies then he's in serious trouble both criminally and financially.

Other little snippets like saying "my mansion" instead of my house. Or saying he doesn't have the time to raise another daughter. Or saying he can afford to have another thousand kids. Or telling the story of the bin man telling him he wants to see him fight again and to get his act together. I thought it was going to be a humbling anecdote but Jones then finiahes the story by asking what right the guy has to judge him and tell him what to do.

First ever interview of Jon Jones I've ever listened to. Is he always like this?

• Paid Members

Chunk, I don't know how you can watch that and say he doesn't come off badly.

He's a total wrong 'un that seemingly hasn't learned a thing. His remorse centers around him being caught for his actions, not because he's sorry that he was in the wrong and has learned from it.

It's almost Hulk Hogan levels of bullshittery. He's living in his own world and is blinded by his own stardom and can't see anything beyond protecting his own skin.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

I'm pleased to read I'm not the only one that was mildly disturbed by some of Jones' responses. In particular, the way he discusses the hit and run made Jones come across as a bit of a sociopath. I thought I was maybe reading a bit much into it, seeing as I have a a long standing dislike of the man, but maybe not.

It makes you wonder, though, that Jones' complete and utter infatuation and believe in himself, while morally bankrupt, is the secret ingredient in his unquestionable fighting ability. Take that away and maybe you don't have the guy that went the distance with Gust or broke DC.