High Blood Pressure

Brock Goldberg

Anyone one here struggle with H.B.P.?

I went for a routine check at the beginning of this year and it was pretty high, got it down a little through moderate daily exercise and healthy eating but then hurt my foot.

I've not been able to exercise over the last month to six weeks and out of interest checked my blood pressure this morning, it read 152 over 101.

Seriously starting to worry!

I'm overweight and have been for most of my adult life (I'm 32) but I've been losing at a steady rate over the last year or so. Due to a spinal injury three years ago I struggle with physical activity/exercise but do what I can.

I eat plenty of fruit and veg and don't drink alcohol or smoke although I think I need to check the salt content in my diet.

Can anyone share experiences of high blood pressure or have any advice/tips?

I suffered from high blood pressure until four years ago, when I started meditating regularly. Since then, my blood pressure has not only been good for someone my size, but perfect generally.

Taking the time to calm yourself down and introspect on a regular basis can really help, it seems. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but has certainly helped me.

I've got high blood pressure, but not high enough for the NHS to be bothered. I was getting mad high readings at the doctors so they gave me a 24 hour monitoring session. Turned out it was just getting extra high at the doctors and was borderline the rest of the time. That was two years ago now, I'm much fatter and unfit now, so I expect it's a lot worse than it was.

Take it from someone currently sitting in A & E with blood pressure rising massivley. See the GP. Take the tablets if they give them to you. Bit more importantly relax. It'll constantly go up if you start worrying and panicing so taking it easy and relaxing is very important.

Thanks guys.

I'm going to check when the next BP clinic is at my local GP's, fingers crossed I can get it under control via lifestyle changes but if I have to take medication to help so be it.

It's a worry because like many people with high BP I have no symptoms and feel in good shape but the risks of this continuing and not being addressed properly are just too great.

• Paid Members

If you can stomach the taste then Beetroot juice is a cracker for lowering HPB.

I have HPB but again, not much for the GP to worry about too much. A friend recommended it to me, I drink a glass a day and since my blood pressure has come right down. Give it a whirl.

I had to have my blood pressure taken yesterday, and then again this morning when I went in for a blood test.

150/80.

Apparently that's quite high.

Is that medication range? Or will they just tell me to wind in the booze and red bull?

80 isn't too bad from my knowledge but 150 is quite high. I have to check my grandma's blood pressure on a regular basis and 80 is ok for the lower number I was told, but yeah 150 is high.

I'm my limited experience (limited to my grandma's blood pressure issues which I've helped her manage for the past 4 or 5 years as she is 97 and doesn't speak any English or read), I think they will tell you to cut out salt, fried food, red meat and alcohol

• Paid Members

Over 140 on top or 90 on bottom is classified as high I believe. The tops on the pump and the bottom is on the rest.

Your not in the stratosphere on that basis daz, which is good. Unless I'm talking shite, natch.

Archived