McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

McGregor lost this battle but it will be interesting to see how the rest of the year pans out. We know both aren't looking to back down and despite what all parties say, there will be some resentment. It looks like those rumblings about a fall out last year are probably true, so this has been brewing for quite a while.

Don't know about that they'll make a lot but not $45, remember 200's gonna have the added interest from it being a major event in the calender anyway, thus more outlets etc. Plus a bigger PPV buyrate due to the strong card etc.

• Paid Members

You never know, they might actually make just as much money or more this way. They'll do well off 200 anyway but now if McGregor comes back and fights Diaz at UFC 201 or 202 then they can bank on another big money spinner PPV. If he'd fought at 200 they'd have killed it, of course. But then they mightn't have had much lined up for 201, 202 and 203. Remember they're using up Jones, Cormier, Aldo, Edgar, Cain, Tate, Rockhold, Weidman, Cruz, Faber, Anderson, Werdum etc in the next few months so most or all of them are very unlikely to be available for those post-200 PPVs. At least this way, if they can get McGregor back for the August or September PPVs then they're guaranteed another big buyrate.

If they can get McGregor vs Diaz 2 back on for 201, I think it could well be the biggest back-to-back buyrates they've done since UFC 100 and 101. Whack a Robbie Lawler title defence on under Diaz vs McGregor 2 and that's a great follow up PPV to UFC 200.

Edited by wandshogun09

If they can get McGregor vs Diaz 2 back on for 201, I think it could well be the biggest back-to-back buyrates they've done since UFC 100 and 101. Whack a Robbie Lawler title defence on under Diaz vs McGregor 2 and that's a great follow up PPV to UFC 200.

That would probably be 2 PPV's in a row that would surpass 1 million buys. I don't think that's been done before.

This summer is still on to be a cracker. Ending it with McGregor vs Diaz 2 would be the icing on the top of the cake.