Wrestlemania Betting

bradfordcity

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put a tenner each on two doubles. If AJ Styles and Undertaker win, I get £48 back. If AJ Styles and Shane McMahon win, I get £170-something back. I think that's how it works anyway. If Jericho wins, I'm fucked.

What are the rules with new member Sky free bets? Is it a case of if I put them on and win, I have to gamble £200 or something before I can claim the winnings? I had to do that a few years ago when I put a bet on somewhere for WrestleMania and was given some free bet money. I was just hedge-betting on random football matches for hours until I'd put enough through the system to claim it.

I put a tenner each on two doubles. If AJ Styles and Undertaker win, I get £48 back. If AJ Styles and Shane McMahon win, I get £170-something back. I think that's how it works anyway. If Jericho wins, I'm fucked.

What are the rules with new member Sky free bets? Is it a case of if I put them on and win, I have to gamble £200 or something before I can claim the winnings? I had to do that a few years ago when I put a bet on somewhere for WrestleMania and was given some free bet money. I was just hedge-betting on random football matches for hours until I'd put enough through the system to claim it.

Need a AJ win to please :D

• Paid Members

That's surely easy money- it's practically a given he's hitting that on Shane at some point.

It'll be winnings in the form of free bets. The majority of new customer offers are like that these days

Yeah I just noticed that, makes sense. I've placed a fiver on it anyway and stick my 2 free £10 bets on AJ @ 5/2 and Sasha @ 4/1.

• Paid Members

It happens all the time, the bookies odds are effectively spoilers as the event draws near. I have stopped looking at them on the day of the event now.

I remember last year I got a text from a mate just a couple of hours before the show saying he'd banged money on Sting beating Triple H because the odds were suddenly so good. He was convinced it was more or less free money, while I was just pissed off with him for completely telegraphing the actual result for me.

I made a fiver profit. Tenner on Styles and Undertaker, tenner on Styles and Shane. AJ fucked that plan up.

Sly gave me two free £10 bets then. I put them on accumulators. One of those was a six-favourite accumulator, which gave me a grand total of £25.

The insider betting this time was mostly in by Saturday, I think.

• 11 months later...

I've not watched any wrestling since I fast forwaded through whatever the last PPV was so bettingwise for Mania I've based it not on knowledge of storylines but what is the odds on favourite and a few where I just want that person to win, so I've gone £2 each on a 6, 8 and a 9 fold acca. they all have certain common themes (Enzo & Cass, Reigns) but each one has at least one match which isn't the odds on winner (Nia Jaxx, Triple H, Aries) to beef the potential return up a bit. I've already forgotten which matches I picked in which acca so in the highly unlikely event of one of them coming in it doesn't matter if I look on skybet on Monday and see that I'm £100 or £80 because I don't know which acca would return which amount, and if there's no obvious extra amount in my account on Monday then I'm only six pounds down and I don't know which results didn't come in so I won't have the result spoilt for me before I watch it after work. although if I see I'm any amount up i'll know that the results I put in all three did win... oh well.

I might have to put some money into my paddypower account because it's always them that offers the novelty bets like Hogan to make an in ring appearance etc.

so - who's in YOUR Wrestlemania accumulator?

Archived