bradfordcity

Wyatt

Undertaker

HHH

Cena/Nikki

Owens

Styles

£1 returns £87.51

Some good choices there.  HHH in particular - I'm pretty surprised he's an underdog with the bookies.  This match screams of crippled Rollins putting up a valiant effort but coming up just short, then getting his win back at a shitty Raw only PPV that no one cares about.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I did 3 singles a couple of days ago on Paddy Power who seem to not be offering acca's. I picked Wyatt @ 5/2, HHH 11/4 and Charlotte 3/1 (I think that's the price I got her at anyway).

At this point I don't think the odds will spoil anything based on how the shows have been built, but any closer and the odds offered will give the game away altogether on some things so I'll probably stay away from looking at them.

Best of luck to anyone with a bet on the show and hopefully it's a rewarding 'Mania for you all in more ways than one!

This is why the bookies are the rich ones.

Given I work for one, I couldn't agree more

The amount of people who stick something they don't actually think will win just to up the return is frightening, even more so when it's on something fake like wrestling

The amount of people who stick something they don't actually think will win just to up the return is frightening, even more so when it's on something fake like wrestling

Off topic, but do the bookies love the Grand National for this?  I remember when I was young it was referred to something like the housewives race as it was the only bet they'd make all year?

Off topic, but do the bookies love the Grand National for this? I remember when I was young it was referred to something like the housewives race as it was the only bet they'd make all year?

It's somewhere in the middle to be honest, we'll pay out a fortune per shop simply because of the odds on offer but the company/companies as a whole will make a fortune due to, as you say, the people who never normally bet, whether that be housewives or just people who think lumping a tenner on that 40-1 shot will DEFINITELY get them that £410 return

Horse Racing in general isn't really high on bookies priority lists these days. As long as there are lines of people chucking money into the roulette machines they don't care.

Even when AP McCoy rode the favourite to win a few years back and the bookies PR spin was that it cost them millions, it would have been a drop in the ocean compared to FOBT takings.

I bet the bookies love stuff like this. Whether it's Mania, or Politics, always "bumping returns" or acting like marks. 

That said...*cough*

Cena and Nikki 1/12

Owens 1/8

Gallows and Anderson 2/1

Trips 7/2

Randy 2/7

Can't see past John and Nikki, it's a "nothing" match probably being used to set up a new season or something Total Bella related. Kev over Jericho based on it's about that time when Jericho goes on tour, and he's at Donington with Fozzy. Anderson and Gallows, I'm feeling a "club" related push post-Mania, possibly with AJ coming to Raw after the whole "trying to kill your boss" and match with Shane-O. Trips over Seth was a head scratcher, but something tells me the whole "unsanctioned" gimmick is smoke and mirrors for a more serious injury to Seth. Give Trips the vicious win, have Angle come out post-match and sow the seed for Angle/HHH down the road.

Randy...well, because Randy. Beat Bray, move into program with Harper.

Also a cheeky single on Goldberg at 9/1 - At 9s, I feel it's a good punt, but too risky to put in my acca.

All with SkyBet.

Archived