UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For what it's worth, I don't think Conor would duck anyone. I'm just suggesting that the Edgar fight, from the UFC's perspective, has a bigger downside than the others. It's a tough fight and probably the least compelling at the box office, with very little changing for Edgar or the division of he wins. It ticks no boxes.

Diaz is a crazy fight for Conor to take, the blokes a savage. And, the possibility of him losing is easily as high, if not higher, than the Edgar fight but it definitely ticks the money box in the biggest way.

If they can get GSP/Lawler; Conor/Nate and Tate/Holm together, they'd have a fuck of a card on their hands.

Edit; also, if Conor has to relinquish his title, adding Aldo/Edgar to that alongside Punks debut and the Cain fight could make the greatest fight card of all time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just teasing lads, calm down.

I have a lot of respect for Conor's fight anyone attitude, but personally, I have no strong desire to see the rematch. I felt there were no unanswered questions in that fight. The extra weight robbed Conor of everything that has brought him to the show and he was lit up and strangled by a skinny fat guy coming in off 11 days notice. I want to see him go back to FW and defend the belt a few times. Recapture the magic, clear out the division and go then go up to LW. 200 is going to make shitloads of money regardless of who he fights. 

• Paid Members

McGregor just wants to right the loss with a win. He said after the fight that while he clearly won the first round, he was playing silly bugger with his strategy and it of course ended badly for him. I imagine in between nights at The Babylon he's been driving himself mental with "what if?".

It's pretty admirable (and again foolish) to want the rematch right after losing. If McGregor wins they've got a huge rubber match down the road and if he loses Nate will not be surprised, motherfuckers.

• Paid Members

I think one of my favourite parts about MMA is watching the "hardcore fans" have their illiterate hissy fits when something like this happens. Was the same with Brock. I can only imagine the Sherdog forums right now.

So many people cursing & moaning, saying Frankie should get the shot, UFC should lose their promoters licence, this isn't a sport, etc - yet it's the only thing on my Twitter feed, and within 2 hours has more comments on MMAFighting.com than all other articles combined for the entire week... It's all anyone in the MMA community is talking about right now. Yeah, UFC haven't a clue what they're doing.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/18/11261716/conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-rematch-in-the-works-for-ufc-200

743 comments after 2 hrs.

Maybe if they're so outraged, they should just boycott the show!? Oh no wait - it'll probably break the UFC's all-time PPV record instead.

I've started looking at Sherdog properly for the 1st time as an MMA fan. Some of it truly is great. Endless amount's of shite. There worldwide MMA section's good in all seriousness though.

Get yourself on the UK Boxing forums MMA section though. That's the best.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the link herbie. Some predictably immense whinging. It's always nice to dip your toe in with the hardcore fans every now and then. Just to make sure they're still as utterly clueless as ever. They are.

It's now being reported that McGregor vs. Diaz has been verbally agreed on. Can you imagine the build up? Fan-made posters are already doing the rounds.

CD51FF6F-9190-49B5-8674-9F46D3F7C6A9_zps

I have my reservations about it being at 170, but other than that I'm excited to see what happens. If Conor sorts his cardio out at the higher weight I think he definitely has a chance. Maybe cut back on the coke and hookers for a couple of months. I still think I'd favour Nate though, so won't be surprised, motherfuckers.

If it is going to happen that is a shame for Edgar, the title really should be vacated by McGregor if he got no intention of facing the number one contender. Can always come down if he wants in the future and fight for it again. The build up should be interesting for a rematch if it happens, lucky enough Diaz can just come back with I made you tap like a motherfucker, end of conversation.

• Paid Members

the title really should be vacated by McGregor

Dude - the FW title was defended 3 months ago. Calm down & let's see how it pans out - Aldo took numerous long stints off before without vacating. He took over a year off after the first Mendes fight. Conor has been FW champ for 3 months.

the title really should be vacated by McGregor

Dude - the FW title was defended 3 months ago. Calm down & let's see how it pans out - Aldo took numerous long stints off before without vacating. He took over a year off after the first Mendes fight. Conor has been FW champ for 3 months.

Aldo should have been stripped, McGregor is fighting twice since he won the belt at a weight above, Edgar wants the belt, so Edgar being left hanging around is just a waste of time unless they are going to have him face Aldo again in the mean time. I don't blame McGregor, it isn't his problem, it's down to the UFC.

• Paid Members

Frankie Edgar is also out injured right now, so it's not as if he's sitting on the sidelines waiting. It's understandable that you'd think otherwise though, given how much he's going around moaning. He's such a 1997 Bret Hart, I like to imagine all his crybaby phone interviews are done by him sitting in a wheelchair, wearing a leather jacket and jean shorts.

• Paid Members

None if this is up to Edgar though. He needs to stop crying and petition for a fight with Aldo - stay busy in his division & make some money; and if the McGregor fight happens for him, then it happens. Either that or GET VOCAL properly. Stop whining - and start being productive vocally - call McGregor a ducking little cunt and call him out at any weight. Tell him you'll fight him anywhere, any time & any weight but actually mean it. Make yourself interesting - chase McGregor down instead of whining about him not coming to you. Do what McGregor did to others.

And if you can't do it, then suck it up & realise it's a business and you're not money. If McGregor doesn't defend his FW belt after X amount of time he'll be stripped anyway & you'll get you shot; but he's only been FW champ for 3 months - and already people are calling for him to vacate.

None if this is up to Edgar though. He needs to stop crying and petition for a fight with Aldo - stay busy in his division & make some money; and if the McGregor fight happens for him, then it happens. Either that or GET VOCAL properly. Stop whining - and start being productive vocally - call McGregor a ducking little cunt and call him out at any weight. Tell him you'll fight him anywhere, any time & any weight but actually mean it. Make yourself interesting - chase McGregor down instead of whining about him not coming to you. Do what McGregor did to others.

And if you can't do it, then suck it up & realise it's a business and you're not money. If McGregor doesn't defend his FW belt after X amount of time he'll be stripped anyway & you'll get you shot; but he's only been FW champ for 3 months - and already people are calling for him to vacate.

Who said it is anything to do with Edgar?  He is the number one contender, if McGregor is going up, fighting, losing and then staying there, then at some point he needs to give the belt up. The three months is irrelevant as if the Diaz rematch happening, then were talking almost a year before any chance at him facing Edgar. Yes, it's business, money, that's all it is, right, if that the case McGregor can vacate, Edgar wants the belt, I know, in this day and age, a guy wants to be a champion, win two belts at two different weights, he's baby alright, such a fool. 

Archived