WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

Playing this now, it's really fun. My hands will be all old-man like tomorrow.

Houchen, the arrows are for the left thumb stick.

edit:

Well, either.. whichever you prefer

It never crossed my mind that oldschool beat-em-up folks would prefer the D-pad, but yeah, I can see that now. For some reason my brain went to trying to use stick and pad at the same time.

Like I said, I'm shit at these :(

I'd fuck you all up on Warsong Gulch though.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

What refund you hoping of getting from a free game Keith??

I'm guessing that was also the joke.

Indeed. Thanks for the advice, chaps. Might start with Ryu and stick with it. Only found out today that you can block! Trying the trials and I'm fucked if I can do them. When the arrow thing is on the command list, does that mean the D pad?

Fucking hell Houchen, you sound like my dad. Which button is the forward, lad?

So Dark Souls eh? (Way late to that particular party) but anyway. Playing today and managed to get past the Demon on the bridge in undead burg, but then as I was making my way to the boar, some guy jumped into my game and killed me, wtf? I was doing so well too after all that. Can people just dive in and out? How do I stop this?

I also love the boss battles, its very Shadow of The Colossus in my opinion. Feels absolutely amazing when you down one.

• Paid Members

Jumped back into GTA Online after a couple of weeks with EA UFC.

Really Dissapointed with the UFC game. Fair enough, it's the first installment, but it really is the bares bones of a game. It lacks a lot of the basic things that the previous games included and has a very thin roster. Not alot to do outside of a very no frills career and fighting online. Massively dissapointing for

Edited by Silky Kisser

So Dark Souls eh? (Way late to that particular party) but anyway. Playing today and managed to get past the Demon on the bridge in undead burg, but then as I was making my way to the boar, some guy jumped into my game and killed me, wtf? I was doing so well too after all that. Can people just dive in and out? How do I stop this?

I also love the boss battles, its very Shadow of The Colossus in my opinion. Feels absolutely amazing when you down one.

The only ways to stop other players invading are to play offline (so you won't see player messages or bloodstains) or to spend all your time hollow (ie. don't use Humanity to return to human form, which would mean you're not able to use summon signs if you need help at any point). You'll probably find less invasions happening after you get through Undead Burg, as it's one of the areas in the game that a lot of people seem to use for invasions. Probably something to do with dickheads enjoying harassing new players during the early parts of the game while they're too underpowered to fight back. Stick with it though - either the invasions will slow down (apart from the ones that are actually part of the game) or you'll reach a point where you're confident enough to stand your ground and take them on.

The only ways to stop other players invading are to play offline (so you won't see player messages or bloodstains) or to spend all your time hollow (ie. don't use Humanity to return to human form, which would mean you're not able to use summon signs if you need help at any point). You'll probably find less invasions happening after you get through Undead Burg, as it's one of the areas in the game that a lot of people seem to use for invasions. Probably something to do with dickheads enjoying harassing new players during the early parts of the game while they're too underpowered to fight back. Stick with it though - either the invasions will slow down (apart from the ones that are actually part of the game) or you'll reach a point where you're confident enough to stand your ground and take them on.

Cheers! can you just turn it off in the menu then? What do people suggest is better? I haven't really used the messages, most people just seem to write "I did it" or "jump" at high ledges but are they useful for warnings etc?

• Paid Members

Complete Guacamelee last night. I personally found that it was tough at the beginning but once you had figured out the puzzles you ended up thinking, "How on earth did it take me that long to do that?".

Feck the achievements though!

• Paid Members
So Dark Souls eh? (Way late to that particular party) but anyway. Playing today and managed to get past the Demon on the bridge in undead burg, but then as I was making my way to the boar, some guy jumped into my game and killed me, wtf? I was doing so well too after all that. Can people just dive in and out? How do I stop this?I also love the boss battles, its very Shadow of The Colossus in my opinion. Feels absolutely amazing when you down one.
Is this Dark Souls 1 or 2?Ive had 1 on my hard drive for ages from PS Plus but havent tried it yet, is it worth looking at?

Complete Guacamelee last night. I personally found that it was tough at the beginning but once you had figured out the puzzles you ended up thinking, "How on earth did it take me that long to do that?".Feck the achievements though!
Strangely enough I just finished it last night as well. Great game, and being free didn't hurt! SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Did you find the final boss a bit easy in the end?

So Dark Souls eh? (Way late to that particular party) but anyway. Playing today and managed to get past the Demon on the bridge in undead burg, but then as I was making my way to the boar, some guy jumped into my game and killed me, wtf? I was doing so well too after all that. Can people just dive in and out? How do I stop this?I also love the boss battles, its very Shadow of The Colossus in my opinion. Feels absolutely amazing when you down one.
Cheers! can you just turn it off in the menu then? What do people suggest is better? I haven't really used the messages, most people just seem to write "I did it" or "jump" at high ledges but are they useful for warnings etc?
Not sure if there's a menu option, you might just need to disconnect from Xbox Live or PSN or whatever you're playing on. Messages sometimes point towards hidden items or dangers, and bloodstains are useful because they let you see how other players died so you can potentially learn from their mistakes. Also by going offline you won't be able to summon other players to help you out on any tough areas. None of this is essential at all, but it all adds to the overall experience.