WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Would have liked to have fully completed Mario 3D World on the Wii U, until I realised to do so you had to play the game with every single character (as in complete EVERY task with every character).

Fuck that. Even in my gaming prime when I was never without a controller in my hand could I be bothered to do that.

Would have liked to have fully completed Mario 3D World on the Wii U, until I realised to do so you had to play the game with every single character (as in complete EVERY task with every character).

Fuck that. Even in my gaming prime when I was never without a controller in my hand could I be bothered to do that.

My Brother got 100% completion on it, and after weeks and weeks of him losing his temper at dying over and over and over on Champions Road, I've decided that I'm happy with just finishing the game with Mario. The 100% reward isn't all that anyway.

If you guys are into point and click games, I recommend checking out "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".

That does look very interesting, thanks for pointing it out, I've added it to my wish list.

Great voice acting in it though, all kinds of regional accents represented!

Yes, the voice acting is great, probably even puts a lot of modern games to shame. I guess point and click games are very story driven, so it would be crap if you had 4 hours or so of bad voices.

• Moderators
I played LucasArts 1995 point-and-click adventure Full Throttle over the weekend. Fun but felt very short. I know that when I used to play point-and-click games as a youngster that they would take me ages because there were no online walkthroughs at your fingertips for when you got stuck.

Y'know what would look good on your nose?

THE BAR.

Haha.. That is the line from that game that I always remember. I never had the full game but I played the demo repeatedly (from a "CDRom Today" cover disk, maybe..?).

• Awards Moderator
I played LucasArts 1995 point-and-click adventure Full Throttle over the weekend. Fun but felt very short. I know that when I used to play point-and-click games as a youngster that they would take me ages because there were no online walkthroughs at your fingertips for when you got stuck.

Y'know what would look good on your nose?

THE BAR.

Haha.. That is the line from that game that I always remember. I never had the full game but I played the demo repeatedly (from a "CDRom Today" cover disk, maybe..?).

YES! It was PC Zone for me.

• Paid Members

Does anyone here have an Oculus Rift? I'm getting one for my birthday and need some non horror game suggestions. All I'm probably going to be playing are horror ones but I need to expand my rift horizons.

• Paid Members
I've largely been playing this http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/hulk-hogan-edition/

When I say "largely" read 90% of my waking moments. I haven't changed my pants since Wednesday.

Fuck you, johnnyboy. Fuck you for making me spend almost every minute playing that since your post.

I was well chuffed when I got a Mr America though!

• Paid Members
Played and completed Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons the other day. A truly remarkable and magical game that I recommend everyone play. Absolutely beautiful.

I tried the trial and the horrid controls put me off.

I've largely been playing this http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/hulk-hogan-edition/

When I say "largely" read 90% of my waking moments. I haven't changed my pants since Wednesday.

Fuck you, johnnyboy. Fuck you for making me spend almost every minute playing that since your post.

I was well chuffed when I got a Mr America though!

I have never managed to get past Mr America :( Got 2 of him but got game over before I could pair them off.

Infamous: Second Son. It's OK. Visually it's very good and is a great intro to next gen graphics. The super powers are fun to use, though they can get a bit repetitive. The main character is a bit annoying and isn't as funny as he (or the writers) like to think he is. I've not played any of the previous games so I can't really see how this game holds up against them. Overall it's fun enough to play with a tolerable storyline. I'm getting a newer, bigger & better TV tomorrow so I'm looking forward to see how much better the game will look.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse. I'm currently only playing this once a week when I go round to my mates house for some co-op play. It's actually a fun little arcade game. Pretty simple but can get quite tense and challenging at times. I'm pretty gung-ho so i end up dying a lot, my mate's a more conservative player. Whilst he doesn't die as much I don't think he's having as much fun as me.

I've just purchased the new Metal Gear Solid game. I've only ever played one MGS game before. Well I say played, sat and watched a fuck ton of cutscenes whilst I occasionally moved about a bit, is a more accurate description. I didn't keep it for long. I've heard mixed reviews on this one. I know it's very short for starters but it's supposed to be a sort of intro game before the main one is released next year or something. I only paid

• Paid Members
Played and completed Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons the other day. A truly remarkable and magical game that I recommend everyone play. Absolutely beautiful.

I tried the trial and the horrid controls put me off.

They do take a while to get used to but once you get the hang of it the game is a joy.