Sign in to follow this  
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is really fun, especially if you like games like Blazblue.

If single player is your thing you can even buy the previous games story mode as DLC and one of the DLC characters has his own story mode. Story modes are visual novel style.

Other DLC is crap though.

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is really fun, especially if you like games like Blazblue.

If single player is your thing you can even buy the previous games story mode as DLC and one of the DLC characters has his own story mode. Story modes are visual novel style.

Other DLC is crap though.

I still need to have a proper sit down with UNIST as well. 

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I still need to have a proper sit down with UNIST as well. 

Ha I'm in the same boat. Fun game though much lighter on single player content than other anime fighters.

40 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Ha I'm in the same boat. Fun game though much lighter on single player content than other anime fighters.

The tutorial is really good. Best I've seen in a lot of fighters in the way it explains not just the mechanics of the game, but of fighting games in general. 

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I hope this is actually good, I miss the days of arcadey football games.

Like the look of that.

I loved Mario Strikers for an arcadey football game. Great multiplayer game and I felt like the Wii controllers added to it.

Edited by Sphinx

Does any else remember the game "Red Card" ? that was very fun! 

179145-redcard-20-03-playstation-2-front

37 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Does any else remember the game "Red Card" ? that was very fun! 

179145-redcard-20-03-playstation-2-front

Yes! I’m surprised that something similar hasn’t come about (as far as I’m aware) on an indie level at least. A rule-lite football game seems like the kind of thing that would be huge fun online.

Edited by RedRooster

Rule light football? Isn't that Superliga Argentina? I don't remember that game at all but it would of been right up my street. 

We used to play an awful lot of This is Football on the PS2, mainly becuase you could dive. Nothing sweeter than winning a penalty against your mate in the 94th minute by diving.

Super Sidekicks is still the best footy franchise, just a shame that home consoles of the time couldn't handle that Neo Geo power. I'd love to see another game like that with big chunky sprites and have a fully fleshed out system.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Super Sidekicks is still the best footy franchise, just a shame that home consoles of the time couldn't handle that Neo Geo power. I'd love to see another game like that with big chunky sprites and have a fully fleshed out system.

I think you can get the Super Sidekicks games through the ACA Neo Geo series on consoles/PC now. The Ultimate 11 is the best one in the series. Neo Cup 98 is also good. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Me and the kids blitzed through the Mom Hide My Game series the last couple of days. Super simple Japanese puzzle games where you have to solve where his Mom has hidden his handheld console on each level.

A good game to play along with younger kids (my 7yo solved more than I did), and shouldn't take more than an hour to complete all 3 of them to be honest.

Any similar games suggestions would be welcome. (We've already HONKED through the Goose game)

On 5/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, RedRooster said:

Yes! I’m surprised that something similar hasn’t come about (as far as I’m aware) on an indie level at least. A rule-lite football game seems like the kind of thing that would be huge fun online.

Reminds me of the 80s boxing game By Fair Means Or Foul where you could do low blows and headbutts but risked being caught by the ref.

Has anyone played the Friday the 13th game? I picked it up on Humble Bundle for not much, and tried it out. It's fun, but difficult, and it's my first time using multiplayer online.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask. Has anyone played Football Manager 2020 Mobile (Android)? Haven't played a football manager game in forever and I'm looking for something that's quick to play through with enough depth. If the 01-02 Champ Man game was perfect then how would this compare?

I know it's only £9 but I'd rather not throw it away if I'm not going to enjoy it.