WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Just me who got bored of Fallout 4 and moved onto something else? I loved 3 but I just found myself...not...caring.

I spent so long doing side quests and exploring, I just can't be arsed to do the story missions. Particularly now I've got to make choices that probably in reality don't matter, but I really don't want o make them! 

Just me who got bored of Fallout 4 and moved onto something else? I loved 3 but I just found myself...not...caring.

I put around 100 hours in to it but to be fair I probably only really enjoyed around 10/15% of that, it was like shitty crack that doesn't feel too great but you get a little hooked either way. I just found the majority of the world to be bland and the writing was easily the worst Beth has put out at times especially during the main story.

• Awards Moderator

the shooting without VATS is a bit shit and clunky though!

I'm playing it for the first time due to all the hype for 4 and that's the only big negative so far. It took about ten bullets to kill a radroach at the start. Sometimes you'll be blasting at stuff forever. VATS is great fun, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating using it.

Fallout 3 is built for you to use VATS. When you play it like a regular FPS the game is still rolling dice for you.

You should only freehand it for melee, sniping and missile launchers.

Ralphy if you're struggling locating markers, when you're in the area switch to Local Map. Also learn to love the compassy thing on your HUD. It'll put the markers on there too.

• Paid Members

I find Dogmeat on the ROOF of the Red Rocket gas station once. Fuck knows how he got up there, though.

You mean you didn't build a sweet settlement on top of it? One of the first things I did was start that.

How can you get up there? I didn't realise you could!

• Paid Members
yea i know about fast travel, i spend ages trying to find the area that i need to get to though when it comes to missions, i am trying to find some notes for dad at the moment, been following the marker for hours and just cant find where in the building i am supposed to go to!

Oh I see. As Onyx2 says local map helps you with that. The arrows flash on the hud when you're near a door you have to go through. Even so there was one side quest where I had to find a specific person in rivet city and it felt like it took me an hour. I only found him because it became night-time and I found him in his bed.

Are the notes the holotapes at Jefferson Memorial? Some guidance in spoiler, nothing major.

I did it a week ago. You can check a guide but I'm sure they are in the circular rotunda room, sitting on top of a machine. You get inside the actual building through the gift shop door (on the main map, south eastern side of Jefferson memorial), then the rotunda is deeper inside there. The markers on the local map will really help inside.

• Awards Moderator

z3r45ik.jpg

Found the blighter. I'd sent him on a supply line from Sanctuary > The Castle. With such a long route I was never going to find him, even when I'd staked out the entrance for over 24 hours. Fast travel and bells were the solution.

Edited by Onyx2

• 2 weeks later...