WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Bluepoint have done a great job with the Uncharted remasters. I'm about half way through 1, which I wasn't even that big a fan of first time round and am loving it. Can't believe how good it looks. The jetski parts are still shit, but all my other complaints from the original (aiming, screen tearing, bullet-sponge enemies, the awful motion controls etc) have been fixed.

2 was a 10/10 game on the PS3. How good is it going to be now!? Can't wait to be blown away all over again, same for 3. Got a couple of mates who're playing the series for the first time after being 360 only last gen, lucky bastards.

Going through my hard drive, not like that, and seeing all the games with gold ones I hadn't touched. Started The Witcher 2, enjoyable but I have to go and kill some monster or other in its lair but I'm fucked if I know where that is. Might try something else.

• Paid Members

Alright it's done now. You can go back to talking about boring football games Punkstep.

Although I would welcome some Gwent musings. What deck you play, what leader.. any good strategies you have developed...

Ha! I don't really talk about football games to be honest, they're all the same to me.

I'm ridiculously addicted to Gwent now. It's got to the point where I boarded for Skellig not because the storyline took me there (well it did, but I wasn't going to bother yet) but because I couldn't find anyone new to play Gwent with. I can't stop whistling one of the Gwent themes all day at work, too.

I still stick with the Northern Realms deck, probably because I have pretty much all of their strongest cards. I might switch to Nilfgaard when I collect some more hero and medic cards but I won't bother with the Monster or Scoia'tael until I get enough Muster cards (it's not worth using those decks at the moment).

In the first round, I'll put as many spies down as possible and use any decoys I have to nick any spies my opponent has put down and play them too. Most of the spies are close combat, so I'll lay down a Biting Frost to force them into giving up for the first round. In the second round, I normally have plenty of decent siege cards (one of which is normally a medic) so I'll lay those down and get Commander's Horn to double up the points. That should normally be enough to win, if not then I should have plenty of hero cards to finish the job. I might sacrifice the first round if I don't have biting frost or want to save it for later. For my leader card, I use the one that clears all the weather- then I don't have to bother including one of those cards in my deck.

I might switch to Monster when I have enough of the Muster cards though, as I have a shit hot strong set of neutral cards and the Monster leader cards seem to be better than the others. Plus their leader looks boss.

The Jolly Holiday quest is complete fucking bull shit.

Was stuck on %86 for two games despite getting kills with TLW equipped now on %85 after one fucking death after I got two kills.

There seems to be zero fucking logic to it.

EDIT

Jumped to %91 after.....Two kills and one death. ZERO FUCKING LOGIC.

I swear Bungie are trolling with this thing.

Edited by The King Of Swing

The Jolly Holiday quest is complete fucking bull shit.

Was stuck on %86 for two games despite getting kills with TLW equipped now on %85 after one fucking death after I got two kills.

There seems to be zero fucking logic to it.

EDIT

Jumped to %91 after.....Two kills and one death. ZERO FUCKING LOGIC.

I swear Bungie are trolling with this thing.

There's a seperate thread for Destiny now, but yes I gave up on that quest quick smart.

• Moderators

Cheers for that PunkStep. I enjoyed reading it... I have little to contribute of my own sadly - Destiny has really swallowed up my gaming time and witcher it's so vast it's really daunting to even fire it up....

But last time I did all I did was play gwent for an hour and nothing else. It's really fun.. I play magic the gathering, so there was some obvious instant appeal. But there seems to be a good amount of depth and strategy and variance there to give it longevity.

• Paid Members

Xbone. Backwards compatibility. EA Access. A nice, new UI. Voice control (it actually works great). Telling my Xbox to turn on and it booting up, turning on my TV and booting straight to TV if you want it to. In terms of exclusives, it depends what you're into. PS4 is more powerful. But at this point I don't think there is anything that'd make me get a PS4 unless its VR system is really good. The Xbox AR system looks great if and when that hits the market.

Yeah, basically anyone with a PS4 is going to tell you to get that and the same with Xbox.

Yeah, basically anyone with a PS4 is going to tell you to get that and the same with Xbox.

Yeah that's why I asked for a link to an article or website!

Thanks though. For fear of revealing my complete ignorance - what is AR and VR?

TBH I'm such a casual gamer it probably make little difference what unit I choose.