WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Some minor annoyances aside Resident Evil 2 is easily up there with the best in the series. Hopefully it does well enough for Capcom to greenlight RE3.

It's set the standard for remakes imo.

I Best get prepared to be scary shitless by Nemisis again then...Ā 

Edited by King of Hamptons
bloody predictive text

10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Most definitely.

This.

It's a complete remake from the ground up and is very much it's own game. Plenty there for the nostalgia crew but nothing that would be a problem for someone jumping straight in.

Though I would say maybe try the original REmake for story/lore purposes, but that's just me. You could probably get the origins double pack (REmake 1 and Zero which is a prequel to 1) for a good price these days.

Saying that though I've only played a little of Zero recently and I can see the inventory system being a real pain in the arse.

I'm prepping myself for a Resident Evil marathon.

I'll spoiler this question on Resi 2 as even though it's common knowledge people who want to go in blind might not want it spoiling...

how much of a hindrance is the Tyrant in his relentless stalking? I've heard he randomly generates and can't be killed. Apart from being terrifying, (I've heard of people hiding in safe rooms and listening to him stomping around outside) does he not just soak up your ammo?

Edited by Mr_Danger

It's an annoyance for a bit at first but easy enough to avoid after a bit of getting used to. Just avoid tight spaces really.

Maybe clear out some enemies if you can before hand, because left overs can be the biggest hindrance at that stage. Especially Lickers.

Oh and don't waste ammo. Shoot only when you absolutely must.

I'm balls deep in to God of War right now. It's a funny one because I just couldn't get in to it. I dropped the difficulty after the first altercationĀ  with Baldur to try and power up and it almost killed the game. Put it back up and I just didn't love the world it's set in. The world opened up and I still wasn't hooked.

Then all of a sudden the story just sucked me in and I absolutely love it. I'm over halfway in and I'm going to finish it over the next week or two.Ā 

You've got to really put the time in to master the combat but once you have it down it's so much fun and so rewarding.

I'm glad all the pc nerds and xboners don't get to experience this. Ps4lyf.

Still can't get in to Last of Us though.Ā 

Edited by Mr_Danger

21 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

How dare you.

Tbf I haven't given it the time it clearly deserves yet at about 30% in and it's just one big stealth mission. I'll probably binge it and grow to love it but coming off of Spiderman stealth back to this is a bit of a jolt.

The Last of Us was pretty good but I couldn't help but feel a little underwhelmed after the amount of hype it was given, the writing is solid enough but people were talking as if it was something that should have been awarded multiple Oscars. I find that's an issue with any AAA game that's story is above adequate.

Two of my favourite moments in video games happened in the same block of God of War I played last night. Amongst some of the most epic cut scenes ice ever seen in a game it was the fairly low key

BrokĀ and Sindri patching things up and Kratos and Atreus sharing the wine with the big "ahhhhhhh" that brought me the most joy.

Love this game so much.