WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

So not sure if this is entirely thread worthy or not, but any ways here we go.

Anybody looking forward to the new UFC game from EA that is out in a few days ?

To be honest I felt the first one was a huge letdown, I had far enjoyed the THQ series a lot but the EA effort was simply not a fun game to play.

The new game looks great but I am still a bit reserved on the actual gameplay . I've not played the beta but will probably pick this up regardless , purely because it's a UFC game.

Initial reviews of the beta didnt inspire me with confidence

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/377723/UFC+2+Beta+Hands-On/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-new-ea-sports-ufc-2-gameplay-showcasing-knoc/1100-6433735/

Edited by RancidPunx

Some of the newer clips and reviews I've seen on YouTube seem to indicate it's pretty good. Graphics look great, think they're getting near to the NBA 2K games in-terms of character likeness. Although one review did say that the fluidity of moves isn't yet where it needs to be to be perfect. But mostly out that down to being nearly impossible. Due to the fact your obviously pressing buttons and it's not a mental thing to throw 2 right jabs and then a left hook quickly for example.

They've added more game modes to Ultimate Team originally from Fifa so that should add to longevity. Not seen much on the career mode. Theres a solid roster on there to though which adds to the excitement.

I'll buy most likely when it drops a bit in price. Not sure how much and how long I'll play it for so hard to justify £50/40 for it.

I was going to get the first one when I bought my PS4 in September last year, then found out the new one would be out in March so decided to wait.

I still played UFC 3 on the PS3 up until I got my PS4 so certainly feel I got value out of it and enjoyed EA MMA when that was out even though it wasn't perfect by any means.

Hopefully this new one will be ok. I try not to take too much from Game reviews mainly because they're usually written by total fanboys or they get butthurt about things they really shouldn't, there seems to be no middle ground.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I've been playing this for a few days (having EA access).

It has it's ups and downs. There's loads of new modes like knockout mode which is just a health bar instead like street fighter. Career mode is better than last year, more depth and harder.

The ground and grapple/clinch game is different too using simple holding the stick in one direction to pass. The striking seems much faster too. Knockout look realistic now and much more viscous.

Someone of the character modes look weird whilst the big big names such as Ronda and Connor are spot on.

I was really hoping they would revert to EA MMA controls and style of fighting or a fight night style. Especially with the ground game.

Good game so far. You can't seem to get enough of knocking Conor and Ronda out again and Again

"For as it feels right now UFC 2 flows in slow motion. At least in part. The feeling of hitting, kicking and executing takedowns is as if you're fighting under water, something that remains from the first game, and that's a shame. It goes against the natural fluency the sport offers and where speedy and especially violent intensity is a staple that you can pretty much always expect to see inside the Octagon."

That's from the first link I posted .

Hopefully it's not as bad as noted , The THQ games seem to nail the striking aspect early on.

• Paid Members

Ok im a bit late to the party but i picked up a Xb one the other day with master chief collection.

Having only played the first halo i thought i was worth a go. Very much enjoying the games to the point i went out and got reach and ODST. 

Ive also never played the Gears of war series, i trust thats also a crime against gaming and i should move onto them when im done with Halo?

• Paid Members

PlayStation VR will be released in October at a cost of $399. Now, money is tight at the moment. I originally wanted a decent gaming PC and then planned to buy either Oculus or Vive. But given that I could get a PS4 and PS VR for about £600, I might have to go that way.