WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
I'm tempted to get a PS Vita. Any thing I need to know before I do? Like does it HAVE to be online to play games? Because the wi-fi only version is cheaper. Anybody have horror stories to put me off? What's everyone's general thoughts?

It's a top notch system, but make sure you get the older version, not the new slim version. The screen on the slim is inferior to the older one.

Yeah a mate told me that earlier. I'm all about picture quality so will definitely get the older one. I think I can get a refurbished one for around 90 quid. I'm definitely getting Arkham Origins Blackgate and Metal Gear HD Collection. Any other recommendations?

I've had my Vita for about a month and I'm on it all the time. I got the wifi only version too but I've never played online so I can't really say how good it is.

What you will need though is a memory card if you intend on downloading games. If you're already a Playstation Plus member then you know you get a couple of games each month in with that package, but you're going to need a big (official Sony) memory card to store them all. I went for the 32gb memory card which cost me about

Edited by DEF

Well once you purchase a game online you can download as many times as you want, so once you're done with a particular game you can just delete it off your memory card and download it again in the future.

As for recommended games, I'm really enjoying Guacamelee and Gravity Rush.

Edited by Steve Justice

I'm tempted to get a PS Vita. Any thing I need to know before I do? Like does it HAVE to be online to play games? Because the wi-fi only version is cheaper. Anybody have horror stories to put me off? What's everyone's general thoughts?

It's a top notch system, but make sure you get the older version, not the new slim version. The screen on the slim is inferior to the older one.

Yeah a mate told me that earlier. I'm all about picture quality so will definitely get the older one. I think I can get a refurbished one for around 90 quid. I'm definitely getting Arkham Origins Blackgate and Metal Gear HD Collection. Any other recommendations?

I've had my Vita for about a month and I'm on it all the time. I got the wifi only version too but I've never played online so I can't really say how good it is.

What you will need though is a memory card if you intend on downloading games. If you're already a Playstation Plus member then you know you get a couple of games each month in with that package, but you're going to need a big (official Sony) memory card to store them all. I went for the 32gb memory card which cost me about

Edited by Albi the Racist Dragon

• Paid Members

Ok so I just won auction for a near mint used wifi PS Vita on Ebay.

Just completed Tomb Raider on the PS4. An amazing experience however boy was it pretty grim. So much gore but thrilling. Amazing what you can do in games these days.

Now starting Lego City Undercover on the Wii U. Completely different end of the spectrum but really funny so far.

• Paid Members

Really glad I got the PS Vita. I've been on the fence about it for a while but now I have it it's a impressive bit of kit. Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 are EXACTLY like how they were on the PS2 (still awesome). Haven't got it online yet so I don't know what is available on the PS Store for it but I've got to say I'm a little disappointed by the selection of games that are out on it. There seems to only be about 5 or 6 of what i would consider big titles. (but then I'm not into FPS or RPG's)

Talking of RPG's I just couldn't get in to Persona 4 Golden. It's boring as sin. I played it for 2 hours straight and at the end of those 2 hours I'd basically gone to school, slept repeat. I think there might be a good plot line in there somewhere but the game play was non existent.

Talking of RPG's I just couldn't get in to Persona 4 Golden. It's boring as sin. I played it for 2 hours straight and at the end of those 2 hours I'd basically gone to school, slept repeat. I think there might be a good plot line in there somewhere but the game play was non existent.

I was the same. Everyone recommended it as the best game on the system, I gave it about 10-12 hours but just could not enjoy it. The story was ok but the occasional 1 hit deaths in combat where you could do nothing about it was infuriating, especially if you had to re-track from a long way back.

Been battering Far Cry 3 lately, I really like it. However, I'm stuck on one little bit and it's super annoying. I rage quit then instantly regret it. It's a bit at the compound of Vaas where loads of him come at you with a knife.

• Paid Members

Yeah that bit is a pain in the arse. You just have to keep at it.

I've been blasting through South Park The Stick Of Truth. It's really fun and ridiculously funny and charming. I've maxed out on the level now so fights aren't any trouble. I've no idea how far into the game I am. Maybe 2/3rds...I'm enjoying it so much that I'm dreading finishing it.

• Paid Members

The setting and storyline are very good in Far Cry 3. Haven't played the second installment but from what I've read they're world's apart. The second just seems a bit of a dull FPS to be honest.

Blood Dragon is also very good. I bought it from Xbox Live for something silly like

What did people think about Far Cry 2, chucked it in after finding the controls far too difficult and fiddly, especially the driving etc. Is the 3rd much superior?

Hated Far Cry 2 but just cannot put my finger on exactly why, just didn't click with me at all.

Loved the third one though, might have been my favourite game of 2012 and I'm not really much of an FPS fan. Blood Dragon was an absolute hoot too.