Things in wrestling that make you cry

LSM

I was just thinking back to the Daniel Bryan speech and how many of us have said they've shed a "manly tear" or two and it got me thinking what else has tugged at our heart strings in the past?

The one thing that always makes me well up, and it's a bit of an odd one I think, is the introduction of The Hart Foundation at Canadian Stampede. I don't if it's because most of the group have now past away but hearing each of them being introduced separately, and the crowd getting louder and louder for some reason just gets to me.

So come on then everyone, what else makes you cry like a child or allow a single manly tear to flow? 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was working on a holiday park on the coast in south wales i went to work in the morning everything was ok but i kept getting a weird sinking feeling that something just wasn't right.......I came back to my accommodation logged onto the ukff and found out my friend/trainer dom travis had taken his own life, It was crushing and i still get upset because even though we weren't mega close like he was with others on the fsw roster, i got to wrestle him a few times around the country and he always took care of me and everything he did was so crisp and neat. absolute shock and i know he is still missed by many of the old fsw guys. 

I'll be honest aswell as someone that has had the privilege to spend quite abit of time over the years with kris travis, i shed a tear or 2 when i found out about his cancer as he is one of the nicest guys always the life and soul of the locker room.

• Paid Members

I didn't at the time because my wrestling viewing had become too irregular for me to be properly invested, but I remember quite a few people here saying they found it rather emotional when Batista had to vacate the belt through injury.

• Moderators

I didn't at the time because my wrestling viewing had become too irregular for me to be properly invested, but I remember quite a few people here saying they found it rather emotional when Batista had to vacate the belt through injury.

I was shocked by that. When I saw the crowd reaction and people in tears that was the first time I realised how over he was. I still hated him at the time though.

• Paid Members

The Eddie Guerrero "Hurt" video had a big lump in my throat the first time I saw that. When I was a kid, I genuinely let out a little tear when Macho Man and Liz reunited.

The Bryan speech itself didn't get me but that little kid in tears in the audience made me well up.

There was a great video or something about Connor last year that was pretty emotional too I think.

This woman from Raw on Monday belongs in this thread.

I've never actually cried over wrestling (except for when the tape ran out before the main event of Wrestlemania 16), but I've had the lump in my throat on numerous occasions, the most recent being Bryan's speech.

The aforementioned Connor video was heartbreaking, especially him pinning Triple H while everybody cheered him on.

This'll sound petty to a lot of people but the 24 episode on the WWE network (for which, can be purchased for just ... £9.99) that was based around Roman Reigns made me well up a lot. When they show the backstage footage after he'd just had Seth Rollins cash in on him and he goes back to his family and cries and hugs his kid.... Them onions got me.

Also, Shawn Michaels and Edge's retirement speeches were coincidentally being shown at a time someone was cutting onions in my house too.

• Paid Members

The last time for me was the whole Warrior weekend. I got emotional during HOF, just because of the burying the hatchet side of things.

Him on Raw mainly due to him being back inside of a ring and it was cool as fuck to see, along with the thought of him coming back in some capacity.

And then finding out he had died...

It really hit home, simply because it was played out in front of you... Lots of heightened emotions within 3 days.

I never thought anything in wrestling would ever make me cry. The Eddie stuff affected me probably more than anything else over the 25 years I've watched, but I was never close to shedding a tear.

It finally happened for the first time during the WWE 24: WrestleMania 30 episode last year, with the Connor The Crusher stuff.

When Daniel Bryan's first thought at what was probably once of the greatest moments of his entire life was to go and thank this kid at ringside, that broke me.

All of the Connor stuff I've seen since then, like at last year's Hall of Fame has got the same reaction from me.

I've been sad on plenty of occasions, Bryans speech, Eddie tribute video, Owen Hart.

The only time I openly felt the tears flowing though was watching back The Ultimate Warriors Hall of Fame Speech a few days after he died. After attending the WM 30 weekend and having such a amazing time and being there for Warriors WWE return, when he said the line about nothing makes him more prouder than his daughters really got to me.

• Moderators

I was working on a holiday park on the coast in south wales i went to work in the morning everything was ok but i kept getting a weird sinking feeling that something just wasn't right.......I came back to my accommodation logged onto the ukff and found out my friend/trainer dom travis had taken his own life, It was crushing and i still get upset because even though we weren't mega close like he was with others on the fsw roster, i got to wrestle him a few times around the country and he always took care of me and everything he did was so crisp and neat. absolute shock and i know he is still missed by many of the old fsw guys.

I'll be honest aswell as someone that has had the privilege to spend quite abit of time over the years with kris travis, i shed a tear or 2 when i found out about his cancer as he is one of the nicest guys always the life and soul of the locker room.

Neither of these is really a "thing in wrestling" that made you cry though, is it? It's people you know dying and getting cancer. Most people cry in these situations.

• Paid Members

The last time for me was the whole Warrior weekend. I got emotional during HOF, just because of the burying the hatchet side of things.

Him on Raw mainly due to him being back inside of a ring and it was cool as fuck to see, along with the thought of him coming back in some capacity.

And then finding out he had died...

It really hit home, simply because it was played out in front of you... Lots of heightened emotions within 3 days.

Yeah, this. I did see it all as it happened too, but then watching it play out on the documentary a week or so later, I was a bit tearful. 

The only other 2 times were when Randy & Elizabeth hugged at WM8. And Bryan's speech on Monday when Brie came out & hugged him.

Archived