Things in wrestling that make you cry

LSM

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Between Heenan's 'I wish Monsoon was here', Connor the Crusher's brother's 'I love you Connor', Jake Roberts' 'my heart wants it...but my body...I'm sad I can't play anymore' and Ultimate Warrior's 'my family is the proudest thing' the HOF has really battered me over the years...

Daniel Bryan, HBK and Ric Flair retiring all drew tears. As has almost every 'in memory' video they've done.

Chalk me up for the Eddie Guerrero "Hurt" and Randy Savage "Scientist" videos.

Also, when I was a little bugger, the ending to Summerslam 92 with Bret not wanting to shake hands and coming back for the old hug got me too (I was 5, cut me some slack). Was quite surprised to read Bret say in his book that he felt that moment wasn't as effective as it could have been, because it worked on me.

Apart from retirement/Hall of Fame speeches and the tribute montages they do when a wrestler dies, I think the last thing in wrestling that made me cry was when Undertaker beat Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series 1991. I thought Hulkamania was dead and I was inconsolable for a bit. I wonder if I did cry over the Shawn Michaels "Tell Me a Lie" video around Christmas '95 as well, although that was really just a fake version of the death/retirement videos anyway -- they were actually telling me a lie.

• Paid Members

I wonder if I did cry over the Shawn Michaels "Tell Me a Lie" video around Christmas '95 as well, although that was really just a fake version of the death/retirement videos anyway -- they were actually telling me a lie.

I did. I thought it was real. If I'd known he was going to come back and steal Bret's belt, they'd have been tears of anger.

I think the older i get the more emotional aswell.

For me, Sasha stealing Izzy's headband during her match with Bayley and the reaction it got, and then me probably realising this is the best thing i will ever see going forward in WWE, made me almost lose it. What a worker.....

• Paid Members

This will sound weird but the only time I have cried during something wrestling related was when HH returned at that Mania where Hassan was giving old Eugene a kicking. It was before any of us frequented spoiler sites or forums and it was during a time my other mates only watched Mania.

Four grown men erupting with joy when Real American hit, hugging each other and genuinely getting weepy eyed. One of those moments that wrestling gives you that no other activity can.

Archived