Things in wrestling that make you cry

LSM

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

EttEPax.png

But seriously, I'll cry at stuff pretty easily, I can't watch the end of Terminator without crying like a baby but wrestling never does it for me. The main thing I felt on RAW was jealousy, I wish I could retire at 34 with millions of dollars, a Bella twin and my whole life ahead of me.

• Paid Members

Not including people dying, I managed to start crying when Benoit won the Big Gold Belt at Mania XX. Admittedly I was very, very drunk at the time, but he'd been my favourite wrestler for near enough six years and I'd long accepted that he'd never be a genuine main eventer in WWE, so I guess to see him winning Raw's big title in the main event of a WrestleMania by making the dominant Triple H submit, was just too much for me after that much Spar wine out of boxes.

"I wish Monsoon were here" 

That was pretty brutal too.

• Paid Members

I had something quite sizeable in my eye during the first One Night Stand ECW PPV, particularly during RVD & Heyman's promos.

I also remember being a tad watery-eyed watching the Eddie Guerrero tribute Smackdown on a 12" TV in the St Paul's cathedral Youth Hostel the Saturday morning it went out and hoping nobody would catch me as they'd wonder why the hell I was crying over wrestling on the telly.

• Paid Members

Definitely the Warrior for me. It's almost a selfish thing in a way, like you're grieving a bit of your childhood dying as much as the wrestler himself. That's the only thing in wrestling that really choked me up a bit. I didn't actually cry but Warrior's death definitely hit me harder than any other wrestling death. He was my absolute favourite when I got into wrestling and, like others have said, the way that weekend played out and the shock at the timing of his death made it all the more sad. It was when I watched his Hall Of Fame speech (didn't see that until after he died) and that documentary they did that I really felt the lump in my throat. Especially the footage of his wife and kids and how happy they all looked over that weekend.

• Paid Members

Definitely the Warrior for me. It's almost a selfish thing in a way, like you're grieving a bit of your childhood dying as much as the wrestler himself. That's the only thing in wrestling that really choked me up a bit. I didn't actually cry but Warrior's death definitely hit me harder than any other wrestling death. He was my absolute favourite when I got into wrestling and, like others have said, the way that weekend played out and the shock at the timing of his death made it all the more sad. It was when I watched his Hall Of Fame speech (didn't see that until after he died) and that documentary they did that I really felt the lump in my throat. Especially the footage of his wife and kids and how happy they all looked over that weekend.

Yeah, bigtime. I loved Warrior & Savage as a kid. But Warrior hit me harder because I'd just watched all the HOF/WM/RAW stuff, etc. It was such bizarre timing too.

• Paid Members

I'm not a hard bastard by any means, but nothing in wrestling has made me cry. I've felt quite sad at a few things, if not most on this list but tears, no.

Unlike that episode of Paul O'Grady's for the love of dogs where that Great Dane puppy was put to sleep. I was a wreck for hours.

Archived