Rod Skase

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I once called the guy who played Nick Klein in The Bill a cunt at a Spurs game. In my defence, he called me a fat fuck first. In his defence, they were losing.

The Bill was great. I loved it for ages. At one point, I used to record every episode. Until I got to about tape sixteen and thought - this is getting stupid. I can't quite remember when I thought it had gone downhill but I definitely didn't watch it the last few years. I saw a bit of an episode on Drama recently where Lynda Bellingham was a gangland boss and I'd definitely checked out by then.

• Paid Members

We don't have a Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread thread anymore but I just wanted to inform you all that the actor who played Rod Skase in The Bill for years works with me in advertising sales. That is all.

He's been in a few adverts too. Seen a few of the old "Bill" regulars pop up there.

• Paid Members

We don't have a Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread thread anymore but I just wanted to inform you all that the actor who played Rod Skase in The Bill for years works with me in advertising sales. That is all.

He's been in a few adverts too. Seen a few of the old "Bill" regulars pop up there.

He has also been in Doctors, will be appearing in Eastenders some time soon, was in Mamma Mia in the West End and Oliver! touring. I guess acting doesn't pay all that good if he's doing sales 8 hours a day.

I was on Games World circa 1994 and met him. He was sound. Bob Mills was a cunt, though.

A friend of mine went to the Trocadero centre when they were in their last season to audition to go onto the show. He met Alex Verrey AKA Big Boy Barry, who was pleasent by all accounts. Several years ago though Dave Perry got rather aggressive towards me because I called him a "Bandana wearing twat." Whilst I was out on the piss and a bit drunk.

15 years ago I started working where I work now and was talking to the old guy in stores about general stuff, moved onto football, he said he'd played in a few teams so I asked who "England" he says. Turns out Derek from stores was Derek Kevan, west brom legend and England player. Scored in his first England match (which was against Scotland) swapped shirts with Pele in the 58 world cup and he spent his last years driving a forklift at a sign company! Lovely bloke he was. He retired after doing a number on his arm on some glass in a skip, died a few years later, lovely bloke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Kevan

• Paid Members

Mr Mathers was a top bloke too. I kept beating him backstage on Art of Fighting 2 on the Neo Geo though :)

I get confused because of his work on Gamesmaster, and later various games mags as to whether it's the same guy, but is that the same Martin Mathers who edited FSM?

Archived