Rod Skase

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I was on Games World circa 1994 and met him. He was sound. Bob Mills was a cunt, though.

That really gets me down — In Bed with Medinner was a favourite of mine back then, although I remember little about it now.

He compared Jongelers Camden where I went on my stag. Well excited as liked him on IBWMD, GW and Win Lose or Draw. During the interval he was hanging around front of house and told him I was a big fan of said work, he didn't even look me in the face and went "and I should care because"

Prize dick

Mr Mathers was a top bloke too. I kept beating him backstage on Art of Fighting 2 on the Neo Geo though :)

I get confused because of his work on Gamesmaster, and later various games mags as to whether it's the same guy, but is that the same Martin Mathers who edited FSM?

It is yeah, his Linkdn profile confirms as such.

• Paid Members

He did win lose or draw after Danny Baker didn't he? In my mind he looks a lot like Mark Thomas, but I'm terrible at looky likeys or remembering what people look like in general

He did indeed sir! Was just coming in here to defend Bob Mills, loved him as the host of Games World and his stint on WLOD was the best by a country mile.

A cock he may have been, but a very funny one.

Craig Charles when he was doing crack 24/7 moved toa house next door to my one of my mates. 

Also Gordon Strachen still has a house down here from when he managed Southampton. Occasionally you'll see him out walking his dog.

Noel Fielding's brother Michael, who played Naboo the Enigma in the Mighty Boosh, did some temping in the canteen in my work about a year and a half ago. He was probably there for about 2 months, making sandwiches and the like. Overheard someone asking him about the Boosh once at the till and he seemed happy enough to talk about it. At one point some sarcy cunt edited his Wikipedia page to say he now makes sarnies for a living but it was reverted back quickly.

Noel Fielding's brother Michael, who played Naboo the Enigma in the Mighty Boosh, did some temping in the canteen in my work about a year and a half ago. He was probably there for about 2 months, making sandwiches and the like. Overheard someone asking him about the Boosh once at the till and he seemed happy enough to talk about it. At one point some sarcy cunt edited his Wikipedia page to say he now makes sarnies for a living but it was reverted back quickly.

Boosh being one of my favourite shows of all time, that's pretty cool but also slightly depressing. I swear he's involved in Noel's stage tours and such? Why the fuck was he working in a canteen! Desperate times I guess..

• Paid Members

Good on him. Instead of the old "actor between roles" bollocks he out there doing something to get the cash coming in. Pisses me off when certain jobs are deemed demeaning comapared to what that person normally does.

Archived