Hive heating

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Ethical banking adverts are my bête noire. A particular example being the current Natwest advert which tuts at us while saying 'we are responsible' with a big picture of an ice sheet melting. It also has drippy music and pictures of old men and babies to show the rich tapestry of life through the joyous prism of financial services.

Somehow I get the impression that me drinking, reading and having the occasional shit is causing less damage to the earth than a transnational bank funding god knows what. I have no problem with banks being chiefly responsible to shareholders, but don't lie out of the side of mouth about what you represent you oleaginous shitehawks. I'm relatively sure Natwest would nuke the North Pole if they thought it would result in a hefty windfall from more than just fallout.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Ethical banking adverts are my bête noire. A particular example being the current Natwest advert which tuts at us while saying 'we are responsible' with a big picture of an ice sheet melting. It also has drippy music and pictures of old men and babies to show the rich tapestry of life through the joyous prism of financial services.

Somehow I get the impression that me drinking, reading and having the occasional shit is causing less damage to the earth than a transnational bank funding god knows what. I have no problem with banks being chiefly responsible to shareholders, but don't lie out of the side of mouth about what you represent you oleaginous shitehawks. I'm relatively sure Natwest would nuke the North Pole if they thought it would result in a hefty windfall from more than just fallout.

It's laughable isn't it. Here is a table (scroll to bottom of link) about which banks are indeed seen as ethical based on a scoring system by the move your money website.

Natwest aren't so high on the list. It is a 2014 list, so they may have made some changes, such as knocking out shite adverts such as the one you describe.

http://moveyourmoney.org.uk/scorecard-explained/

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

It was on BT a minute ago, followed up with the latest fuck-awful Bet Victor reboot. This time there is no Paul Kaye or Victor Chandler, instead we have these two metro looking blokes who I want to kick up the cock, plus Jurgen Klopp prostituting himself by talking about some in play twattery. 

I can't believe Ray Winstone's floating head is still going. That campaign feels like it started some time around when the dinosaurs were having it large. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

That it is Arch, plumbed new depths and they have a rich history of dreadful adverts to start with. 

I felt genuinely embarrassed when this came on while watching the football with family the other day. Like I was personally responsible for producing it and wasting 59 seconds of their life. Yes, it's another betting advert. 

Remember when Mr T went on for ages at the Hall of Fame about how much he loved his mum. Turns out he had a full song about how much he loved his mum, even if every time he says "mother" he sounds like he saying "murder" at an audition for Taggart.

And then Sainburys were pondering, "what song shall we use for our Mother's Day campaign? Which artist really screams family?" And some work experience kid in his Bullet Club shirt fires up the network on his smartphone, "I know what will get us trending. Mr T! How random, right? Check this out"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I've absolutely detested those 'So Money Supermarket' adverts for ages, but they have just launched a new one with Skeletor and He-Man in it and it's fucking awesome. 

Do they still have the fucking idiots dancing in it, the 'builders and strutters', with added LOLZ of having the large woman wearing a hi-vis jacket scare everyone off?

The advert I can't stand at the moment is the car insurance advert with James Corden spinning his car around and parking it. What's the point?? I know he's known for doing his Carpool Karaoke thing, so it'd make sense if he was actually doing that, but he just spins his car with some nobody sitting next to him and ends with saying 'now THATS how you park!'. What is the fucking point of that?

They then changed it to "now that's why they call me...the parking master", which must be the shitest nickname ever and taken a nanosecond to think of. It's like Wayne Rooney saying "and that's why they call me, the football player". Don Draper would have killed the fucker who pitched that

Edited by WyattSheepMask