Hive heating

PowerButchi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The Hive Heating advert almost caused me to crash into a lamppost on the drive home.

I was listening to TalkSport and it came on. I went to reach down and turn the volume down and my scarf inexplicably got wrapped around the handbrake. I was trying to get free and when I eventually did, found myself careering leftwards towards said lamppost.

Don't think Sheila's Wheels would have gone with "well, it's a proper shit advert" as justification for keeping my no claims bonus.

• 1 month later...

Co-Op Bank - Guerrilla Gardening

"I adopt neglected patches of public land"

I'm ok with concept of regenerating an area, but this guy just talks like an utter tosser.

Beard and specs- check

"I see a blank canvas" cliche - check

I bet he did media at college and uttered "no that's fine, you obviously just didn't understand Fight Club" on numerous occasions

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

The secret escapes advert takes the biscuit for me... cant stand that cow whispering into the camera about her great fucking deal.

I've already judged her. She does fuck all with her life as her husband is loaded (she also comes from a well-off family where daddy gave her everything) so she spends her days breaking her taps to get the plumbers round. Tart.

• Paid Members

I like Secret Escape's lady, her old money charm and vaguely seductive voice. I would happily be the invisible 19 year old poolboy she's trying to seduce.

Ethical banking adverts. You're a bank. You don't give flying fuck about me as long as I don't go bankrupt. This new Lloyds one with Gary Jules' suicide inducing cover of Mad World is awful. I think the aforementioned one with hairy, plant-loving basement wanker is also a banking one. Because often when changing current account I get the uncontrollable urge to plant £500 of tulips so some pre-pubescent scrote can trample all over them.

• Paid Members

That Guerrilla Gardening Co-Op advert is a great shout, it really winds me up. What if every fucker just decided it was alright to start doing what they wanted with patches of council land? The country would look a lot worse than it does now, it would be a right state.

• Paid Members

There's an advert on the radio just now that is selling what I assume is a gift card as it lists it can be spent at X retailers. It's a dad and his daughter and as the dad is explaining the deal / product she is shouting out such laddish phrases as "GET IN!!!" "GO ON MY SON!" and the like. It's cringe worthy as all hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I essentially just post on here every month for updates on shit Talksport adverts, but there are a couple of right bog-blockers on air at the moment.

"NICE ONE BRIAN, NICE ONE SON. FOR FAST TAX REBATES, BRIAN IS THE ONE!"

This ditty follows up a totally legit conversation between two pals who are at the football, talking about tax rebates of course. One of our protagonists manages to slip in a reference to how he works on a  building site. At least it makes a change from being part of "THE TRADE" like the people in all other Talksport adverts.

Another one has a landlord (with the obligatory Talksport Mockney accent) singing about painting his pub with diamond paint. Apart from the fact that they didn't bother to rhyme any of the words or make the words fit into any intelligible form. So it's something like:

"Chim chimney. Chim chimney. Chim, chim, cheer-ee

Paintin' me wall, with tha new Doolux diamon' paint, with me brush, la de da".

Also some gimp keeps telling me to "get my smart finger out" every morning, which sounds like an arrestable offence as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Gus Mears

• 5 months later...

Vodaphones ad for doing away with line-rental seems to be on in every pissing ad break at the moment and I'm sick to the back teeth of it and hearing Cream's 'I Feel Free' as a result.

You've got a whole street of people tearing up their bills because "NO MORE LINE RENTAL! WHOOOO!". They'll be shocked in a couple of months when they just jack up the price of their internet and they're paying the exact same as they were before

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

TalkShite are playing a blinder, an absolute blumin' blinder son, with their new (unsurprisingly) van related advert. Not only is it about vans YET A-FUCKING-GAIN, they try and portray being a fat twat in a Transit as some kind of ennobling lifestyle choice. A bit like 'I decided to go to Oxford before worthily looking after dying kids in South Sudan', not the more accurate reasoning of 'I need to pay the bills and like driving like a particularly aggressive lobotomy patient'.

"More than a vehicle

More than a van

It's not all 'bacon sarnies

and right arm tan'" (Yes it is, you lying cow)

"A life with no boundaries

One without strife

We're van drivers

And this is our VAN LIFE"

Fuck off and stop driving like engorged bellends and I might start to think that you're anything but the bane of a million morning commutes.