Yokozuna Roughing Up Jobbers

bAzTNM#1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No way that was fucking padding. Powerslam were insane.

ADDED: You can see how light Yoko worked with the established stars when he hit the Banzai. He barely touched them. Always had his hand on the top rope.

• Paid Members

I remember Jerry Lawler on RAW saying "he's got an ass like an amphitheatre", which prompted a "WHOA" from the rest of commentary; Macho trotted out the "Uncut, Uncooked" line they were pushing.

I remember Jerry Lawler on RAW saying "he's got an ass like an amphitheatre", which prompted a "WHOA" from the rest of commentary; Macho trotted out the "Uncut, Uncooked" line they were pushing.

If you're referencing the debut episode of Raw from January 1993, I imagine that it was the tragically unfunny Rob Bartlett who said that.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was the debut episode. Strange; sounded like Lawler. I was surprised to read people talking about Bartlett on here, because as a kid, I'd never heard of him, and I didn't remember him from those broadcasts.

• Paid Members

If you're referencing the debut episode of Raw from January 1993, I imagine that it was the tragically unfunny Rob Bartlett who said that.

That debut episode aired 23 years ago today I read today. Time flies, eh?

• 4 weeks later...

Surely once Yoko did the Banzai full force once or twice word would have got around and jobbers would have refused to take the move?

I sure as fuck would! I know the jobbers got paid more than the stars for TV but, c'mon.

I have heard someone (may have been Nash in his you shoot) say that the fact jobbers got paid more than contracted talent for TV was the reason Yoko, and apparently others. Used to work stiff with them, Kind of a "We're the stars and you're getting paid more than us, you're going to earn it" attitude. Completely unprofessional but it does give a reason for it I guess. 

Archived