Several New Japan stars hand in their notice.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Court Bauer just broke the news that Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles have handed their notice into New Japan and will be leaving the promotion. New Japan's contracts go from January to January, so you'd have to assume there's only one place they are headed.

As well as those two, Karl Anderson and Rocky Romero are supposedly WWE bound.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell! Well, getting AJ Styles and Nakamura involved in WWE is a decent way to get me watching again. Shame I have zero faith in the writers not to turn such brilliant wrestlers into shite. In that regard, I hope they spend a few months in NXT before heading to the main show. It'll be devastating if somebody like Nakamura ends up spending his nights trading wins with Wade Barrett.

Shite for New Japan, mind, seeing as they've struggled or can't be arsed making new stars.

I'm guessing they'll be heading to NXT and if so, they'll most likely use them to their full potential. Although Shinsuke Nakamura will probably be WWEized like Kenta was and have a new name. Styles will probably be the same, Finn most likely put a good word in to get Karl Anderson to WWE. Maybe Alex Koslov will come in alongside Rocky too so they have the Forever Hooligans in the tag division.  

• Paid Members

Nakamura is phenomenal in New Japan, but WWE is a different beast. He's got charisma to spare, but it'll be interesting to see how he'll handle the transition. He's got the best gimmick in wrestling currently and he's spent years perfecting it, be a shame if WWE make him a fiendish Pearl Harbourer.

The move is both exciting and worrying, because Nakamura and AJ are great fits for New Japan. It could easily not go well for them in WWE, seeing as they are all about creating a steady roster of midcarders.

• Paid Members

Although Shinsuke Nakamura will probably be WWEized like Kenta was and have a new name. Styles will probably be the same, 

If they thought there was some value to be made in letting Joe stay "Samoa Joe" then I'd like to think they might do the same for A.J. Get him a nice t-shirt knocked up and make some cash.

I'll probably buy one.

Yeah AJ for sure will keep his name if he is WWE bound (he's got that 5* Wrestling tour coming up over here first next week). Nakamura is the one out of the four I'm most interested in, I've known of his reputation from reading PS and FSM over the years but never got round to checking any of his matches

• Paid Members

WWE could do with the sort of massive shot in the arm this could provide. In fairness, NXT would benefit too - lacking stars a bit at the moment. Would love to see a Radicalz type debut though. Straight to the big show would give the impression of bring huge stars too.

• Paid Members

WWE could do with the sort of massive shot in the arm this could provide. In fairness, NXT would benefit too - lacking stars a bit at the moment. Would love to see a Radicalz type debut though. Straight to the big show would give the impression of bring huge stars too.

I've been thinking for a while that an NXT invasion angle would give RAW a good kick up the arse. They've done a masterful job of position NXT as a genuine alternative. It's reached a point now where I think there's real money to be made if they did it properly. That's the problem though. Once those guys invaded they'd be trading wins with Dolph Ziggler within the week.

Isn't Doc Gallows in a tag team with that Karl Anderson guy? Where does this leave him?

And will that Nakamura guy (who has a great look, it has to be said) overshadow Hideo Itami?

Archived