Celebrity Big Brother 2017

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is the least watched Big Brother in history apparently. They've overexposed Bear like Lex Luger in 1993. He's on every second of every fucking episode, all because they want to have him be the star of some shite Channel 5 programs that nobody will watch. And he's probably going to win it, but fucking hell. Or maybe he wont, because you'd have to think the number of people voting will be so low people might be still trying to ring in and see if Biggins and still pull it out the bag.

This was a bit of a fuck up. Big Brother broke kayfabe on the live show.

https://twitter.com/bigbrotherxtra/status/768960437136322560

There's a shit load of things that happen on Big Brother that seem a bit too convenient to be caught on camera. I remember Perez doing an interview and claimed that the producers told him to sit in a chair with an angry look on his face for a minute so they could use the footage before they rolled the credits on an episode.

It'll be interesting to see who the runner up is tonight because the winner is fucking obvious.

There's been very clear signs of breaking kayfabe throughout it's Channel 5 run, which is a shame, because one thing you could say to it's "it's all a fix" detractors in the Channel 4 era was "no, it's really not."

Sure angles were created and pushed to put certain people over and try and edge the votes a certain way but the actual inside of the house was always an organic thing. It was the one show where it really was just people in a house and you could switch it on live at any time to confirm this. Non housemates never, ever went in or out to interact with them until the last year or two.

I think that's why it was the reality show a lot of people who don't watch reality TV watched. I mean in our weird wrestling/BB crossover here I'm going to assume most of you don't take an interest in Jersey Shore/I'm A Celeb/Love Island or any of these post produced to fuck shows over the years. At least I've never seen the same level of interest or discussion even though plenty of these shows are more popular now.

I'm A Celeb is the closest I guess because it often offers up the promise of British instutitions losing their minds.

• Paid Members

Channel 5 has the TNA vibe about it. Its just unthinkable that this channel will ever be anything more than shit. When a show is on the schedule, you cant help but feel this is as good a deal as the show could get. Channel 5 have never been able to get anything right since it first aired. The soft core films in the late 90s were what defined the channel. Big Brother seems to be the easiest thing in the world to produce. Yet they even fucked that up.

Considering the kind of money Channel 5 has I think CBB has booked better celebrities than ITV's I'm A Celeb over the last couple of years.  I assume it's because most of the budget for the jungle goes on Ant and Dec.

There's talk that the next series in January could be an 'All Stars' edition that will feature the most memorable celeb housemates.

Speaking of that fuck up that aired last night I'm surprised they left it in as the 'live' footage usually goes out on a 5 minute delay anyway.

Archived