Celebrity Big Brother 2017

IANdrewDiceClay

the state Big Brother on 5 is just sad. C4 used to get a great mix of people in, celebrity or not, I would be obsessed each series, you can roll off a good list of memorable nutjobs, loveable loons and seething cunts from the C4 days. The only person who comes to mind in the 5 era I can remember is that Aaron lad who won but came out to boos. the first proper 'ooh hes a game player' to nab the win. that was a decent series. all downhill since.

the normal and celebrity versions being practically interchangeable now hardly helps either, apart from when they had Katie Hopkins but she's just fucking X-Pac heat

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's criminal that they spent all that cash on Ray J, yet they've never got Paul Danan, who is geniune mentalist as seen on such ground breaking TV shows as Love Island and Calum, Fran and Dangerous Danan, on any of their series.

Channel 5 seem to love it when z-listers lose their rag in the house, and he would definitely provide that.

• Paid Members

the state Big Brother on 5 is just sad. C4 used to get a great mix of people in, celebrity or not, I would be obsessed each series, you can roll off a good list of memorable nutjobs, loveable loons and seething cunts from the C4 days. The only person who comes to mind in the 5 era I can remember is that Aaron lad who won but came out to boos. the first proper 'ooh hes a game player' to nab the win. that was a decent series. all downhill since.

the normal and celebrity versions being practically interchangeable now hardly helps either, apart from when they had Katie Hopkins but she's just fucking X-Pac heat

Channel 5 saved BB initially, they made it interesting again. It's just the last few series of CBB have been tosh.

• Paid Members

I did work experience at Sainsburys when I was at school. And all I was doing really was getting in the way. They dont want anyone there who cant go on the till or work on their own when you are that age, so basically they were stuck with this lad who was quiet and didnt do fuck all. So one day the manager just went "You might as well go home mate. There's nothing on."

I imagine this is how Brandon Block's exit went. "You'll be better off not being here. Go home."

Channel 5 saved BB initially, they made it interesting again. It's just the last few series of CBB have been tosh.

I really enjoyed the final couple series' on 4 though. i thought the series where they named one of them Halfwit for almost the entire thing was really underrated, and the final one on 4 was good too, with that Josie who I had a crush on and that aussie John-James weirdo constantly going hot and cold on her - one of the few genuinely intriguing 'relationships' in the house. Although it was a slight shame to see Nadia turn heel in the winner's version directly afterwards.

the only bad one in my book was, was it series 4? when it was all nicey nicey and Jon Tickle was somehow the most interesting guy there. it seems now everybody who goes in has some kind of 'connection' in media/TV or is mates with some P-list celeb, which could just as easily qualify them for the celeb version by current standards. just doesn't seem to have the diversity they used to from what I've seen, just a lot of vapid 20 somethings who may or may not get off with each other. seen it before.

I can't believe it switched all the way back in 2010. Feels much more recent than that. Looking at the BB wiki, I also didn't mind the series where Luke the transman won, but I think it would've been after that i've dipped out

For real? C5 have got seven years out of BB? Good for them. I didn't realise it'd been that long.

Does that mean they are only 3 years away from surpassing Channel 4? That's madness

That's like the Kurt Angle spent more time in TNA than WWE stat. Just doesn't feel right

• Paid Members

A proper dog eating its own shit moment on Big Brother tonight. Austin (the guy who is involved in all the stories, arguements, is on the "journey" because his husband is divorcing him blah blah) has been voted the dullest house mate by a house which occupies Coleen Nolan and Calum Best. They put the fucking power into the housemates hands, and they voted off one of the least dull people in the house. Channel 5 were so confident he wouldnt leave that they had no Best Bits package lined up. Hilarious. Even Emma Willis had to recount the votes and was like "errr, you've been voted out ..."

I swear, Channel 5 always try and fix it and it never works because they couldnt book a shag in a Maxwell's house without fucking it up.

• 4 months later...

Archived